Find us on Facebook Follow FatsInTheCats on Twitter Follow our RSS News Feed
Home Membership Calendar Trail Building Forums Trails & Bike Shops Photos Links Contact
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     CalendarCalendar  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
OK, who's the NASCAR nut?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jamesframes

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is this still about that darn avatar...c'mon.

also sounds like a straight up bike challenge yo.

Last edited by jamesframes on Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
TACO SHACK

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leotio wrote:
Don't underestimate BBJ, he could ride you into the ground with one leg, I know, he does it to me. Didn't you say to post your opinion? he did so don't throw a hissy fit and show some decorum. To be honest I thought his post was funny so lighten up, dude.

Your letting me know to lighten up? Yeah, I said opinion, so go back and reread his 'funny' post and laugh at the southern Cletus crap bud, sound good? I am all decorum chief, always am, so don't worry so much. Worry more about Ole one leg owning you trail-wise, ok? Now THAT was 'funny'. He'll always be my baby, and I think he's man enough to hold his own, but thanks for playing. Oh, Leo, anything constructive to add to the post, or just gonna hijack it for your 'cars suck' motto? Hope your seat gives you piles. Laughing
Big Baby Jesus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TACO SHACK wrote:
Big Baby Jesus wrote:
BLAH BLAH BLAH BULL$HIT

Baby, great to hear from you, but all that the internet quoted you as saying was BLAH BLAH BULL$HIT. You don't matter, and I've just been advised that since you're an a$$hat, your opinion is useless too. Let's go out riding for the day, shall we?

Cletus, I would love to go riding with you for the day, but generally I like to make more than just left hand turns.

Your advisors must have misinformed you, was it Dick Cheney and the Bush cabinet? I hear they are real big NASCAR fans.

Cheers Cletus!
trekkie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: Re: OK, who's the NASCAR nut? Reply with quote

TACO SHACK wrote:
I AM! Trying to whip up some talk in here. Who's your driver? Who's the best? Who do you dislike? And who's a wimp? Please post your thoughts here!!!!!!!

little E ....the king....and tommy #24 is a whimp Wink

trucks ,busch ,cup ,f1 ,cart ,indy
if it goes fast i watch it cant get enough
t-musgrave
b-no fav. too many cup invaders
c-#3 now #88
f1-kimi
cart-tracy
indy-hornish

and whats with all the open wheelers coming to nascar Confused
and nothing like a good rally Cool
trekkie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Baby Jesus wrote:
TACO SHACK wrote:
Big Baby Jesus wrote:
BLAH BLAH BLAH BULL$HIT

Baby, great to hear from you, but all that the internet quoted you as saying was BLAH BLAH BULL$HIT. You don't matter, and I've just been advised that since you're an a$$hat, your opinion is useless too. Let's go out riding for the day, shall we?

Cletus, I would love to go riding with you for the day, but generally I like to make more than just left hand turns.

Your advisors must have misinformed you, was it Dick Cheney and the Bush cabinet? I hear they are real big NASCAR fans.

Cheers Cletus!

i hate those two fools
but i still love car racing
too each his own
does'nt make me bad if i like nascar does it Wink
leotio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taco come on what did you expect when you post nascar on a bicycle forum? Maybe you should read the carssuck website with an open mind. The Fats in the Cats is a group that promotes CYCLING and in general we seek alternatives to the oil dependent infrastructure. Why so defensive? You are new to the forums so I suggest you chill a little and not get your blood pressure up. By the way derogatory comments will not win you any friends.
g60dude

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taco, you ever get over to Lime Rock in CT? They have some awesome racing to watch throughout the year. The past few years they have had the American Lemans Series.........Great exciting series. Each year more and more cars and manufacturers are getting involved..........Next year they will be racing over there July 12th

I'm a big Audi R10 LMP1 fan

http://www.championracing.net

Tim845

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, this was going down a 'bad track'...
"Cletus" IS derogatory, and unnecessary for addressing someone interested in cycling.

The closest this club gets to politics is in the promotion of cycling!
Any other legal interests by users of this forum is all good.
The thread is "off topic"! Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea

Like many others I do what I can, but the reality is we're all oil dependent and part of the problem.
pinklewurst (tschneller)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know "bike stuff" only but I can't resist.....You want motorsports? Try the next thing http://www.cleanmpg.com/cmps_index.php?page=hypermiling
Not for the weak hearted. I now get 43.7 miles to the gallon and piss off a lot of people.
I've watched a lot of sports. Although NASCAR is not my favorite it beats the hell out of watching some others. There are tactics and pit crews that can win or lose the race. And...fire!! Smackups and dents and flames! It is fun! But.... why don't they make some 200 mile per hour electric cars? Can't be done? I rode a train in Europe that went 240 miles per ( not Ks) The cars on the highway looked like they were going backwards. Its time to stand up and say "Hi my name is Blah Blah and I'm addicted to OIL"
Do more !! Drive slow on the uphills. Coast the downhills out of gear. don't stop unless you have to. I coasted down Pinehill and hit 80 miles per hour!! That is exciting driving! Get rid of that boaty truck or buy a cheesy little car for most your driving and keep the boat for the weekends. Think of your car like a bike. Lighter is easier.
One more thing, Fats is about bikes, bikes can be political ( critical mass?) politics are good. Out[/url]
bikejunkie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pinklewurst wrote:
I know "bike stuff" only but I can't resist.....You want motorsports? Try the next thing http://www.cleanmpg.com/cmps_index.php?page=hypermiling
Not for the weak hearted. I now get 43.7 miles to the gallon and piss off a lot of people.
I've watched a lot of sports. Although NASCAR is not my favorite it beats the hell out of watching some others. There are tactics and pit crews that can win or lose the race. And...fire!! Smackups and dents and flames! It is fun! But.... why don't they make some 200 mile per hour electric cars? Can't be done? I rode a train in Europe that went 240 miles per ( not Ks) The cars on the highway looked like they were going backwards. Its time to stand up and say "Hi my name is Blah Blah and I'm addicted to OIL"
Do more !! Drive slow on the uphills. Coast the downhills out of gear. don't stop unless you have to. I coasted down Pinehill and hit 80 miles per hour!! That is exciting driving! Get rid of that boaty truck or buy a cheesy little car for most your driving and keep the boat for the weekends. Think of your car like a bike. Lighter is easier.
One more thing, Fats is about bikes, bikes can be political ( critical mass?) politics are good. Out[/url]
You mean recing and driving cars like this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPQIizRp9ck&feature=related Very Happy
Oh, by the way, I watched a program where Lotus developed a car for 24 hour racing. It was/is a 3 cylinder diesel. The car averaged 140 mph for the 24 hour period and averaged 118 mpg for that 24 hours!!! Tell me we can't all be driving cars right now that get in excess of 100mpg on biofuels!!! It's a load of crap that the oil mongers (or rich government officials) intentionally keep us oil dependent. If they didn't, everyone would have heard of this http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2003/11/1125_031125_turkeyoil.html Shocked Now, I do enjoy motorsports and can definitely appreciate a vehicle that accelerates so hard you can't reach forward to push in the cigerette liter though, I am not a NASCAR fan. Perhaps they should have to complete the 500 mile races with only 5 gallons of ethinal or biodiesel. That would be racing! Ok, with that said, I am going to slip into the shadows and enjoy watching everyone's blood pressure boil over like the water in a covered pasta pot! Razz Rolling Eyes Wink

Last edited by bikejunkie on Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
bike this

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a very big Nascar fan, I go to two three races a year...I love all sorts of motorsports, that's right "motor-sports"...from dirt bike racing, to drag racing...to hydro plane boat racing.
If it's fast I enjoy watching people push it to the limits of crashing. I've owned dirt bikes since I was 7 years old. And have always tried to
ride respectfully of others and the environment. I still love atv's, "the enemy of some"....but sold mine because of rediculous laws..and no place to ride it legally....at least not in New York....
but this post is out of control, people need to chill a little.....Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
pinklewurst (tschneller)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Baby Jesus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pedaler845 wrote:
Sorry, this was going down a 'bad track'...
"Cletus" IS derogatory, and unnecessary for addressing someone interested in cycling.

The closest this club gets to politics is in the promotion of cycling!
Any other legal interests by users of this forum is all good.
The thread is "off topic"! Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea

Like many others I do what I can, but the reality is we're all oil dependent and part of the problem.

Get a hold of yourself
TACO SHACK

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AHHH! Great thread.

Edit: Rolling Eyes

Last edited by TACO SHACK on Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Trance 1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screw NASCAR! Motogp is the F1 of motorcycle racing, cutting edge 250 hp motorcycles doing 200+ mph , knee down through the corners. These guys haul a##! 2006 Nicky Hayden from the USA was world champion.
TACO SHACK

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trance 1 wrote:
Screw Motogp!

You said it.
TACO SHACK

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

g60dude wrote:
Taco, you ever get over to Lime Rock in CT? They have some awesome racing to watch throughout the year. The past few years they have had the American Lemans Series.........Great exciting series. Each year more and more cars and manufacturers are getting involved..........Next year they will be racing over there July 12th

I'm a big Audi R10 LMP1 fan

http://www.championracing.net

g60, I ran Limerock four years ago when they had an open day. Great place, I've only been there once to see a race though, hafta get back! Had a '96 Audi A6 that I modded a bit, great time.
leotio

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus I'm Rollin wit you
g60dude

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TACO SHACK wrote:

g60, I ran Limerock four years ago when they had an open day. Great place, I've only been there once to see a race though, hafta get back! Had a '96 Audi A6 that I modded a bit, great time.

I had a few friends that ran over at Lime Rock at some club events. One of them totaled their daily driver VW GTI hitting some oil on the turn before going under the bridge. Insurance Nightmare !!!!! Someday I'll get on the track when I have an "extra" car that I don't really care about . I'm thinking an early 90's GTI 16V would do me fine Razz

Kevin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that everyone has expressed their opinions...

Anymore "blah blah blah nascar is horrible blah blah blah" talk should be taken to private messaging.

Keep this topic on track, or it will be locked by me.

Carry on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: