Find us on Facebook Follow FatsInTheCats on Twitter Follow our RSS News Feed
Home Membership Calendar Trail Building Forums Trails & Bike Shops Photos Links Contact
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     CalendarCalendar  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Thacher Park/ Long Path

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chico2000

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject: Thacher Park/ Long Path Reply with quote

I'm up near Albany. Today I went to Thacher Park. It's pretty decent riding. Was a little slick in spots and not as good as it was before they logged some of it.
It was a great day. 60 degrees and sunny.

This park is the current end of the Long Path that starts in New Jersey. If you guys are ever up in the area check it out.
I took some pics and posted them here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/64793507@N00/
g60dude

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I have to correct myself.........I thought I never road up that way, but I think I may have ridden at Thacher Park? Is it west of Delmar?

Pics look like it was a good day

BillB3
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My girlfriend's parents live out in Berne, which is right by Thacher Park. I think I might need to bring my bike with me one of these times...
Chico2000

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's west of Delmar.

It's a pretty cool spot. There's more stuff in the main park. Some of it is carriage road type stuff. Some of it is single track loops.

The section that I rode today is on the south side of Beaver Dam Road. Only the first section is part of the park and then the Long Path keeps going.
I love that section. There's a little bit of everything. Log roads. Single track. Some technical stuff and some hard pack rolling fun.The climb in the beginning is a blast to come down at the end. The out and back I did today was probably only about 6 miles.
I turned around at the farm area but you can cross it and then hook back up to continue on the Long Path. I've never gone to the next sections but I heard it's pretty good too.
If you go into the main area of the park I you can start down there. Do some loops and as soon as you see the "Yeti Blue" blazes just follow and ride forever.
All the trails are well marked. You can get maps there. And if you want more info on the LP you can go to:
http://www.nynjtc.org/trails/longpath/
trekkie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweet pics Cool
looked like a fun ride Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: