Find us on Facebook Follow FatsInTheCats on Twitter Follow our RSS News Feed
Home Membership Calendar Trail Building Forums Trails & Bike Shops Photos Links Contact
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     CalendarCalendar  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Best way to store beer.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ironbike1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Best way to store beer. Reply with quote

knowing that there are some beer lovers here I have a storage question for you. Tom if you can chime in please? I know where you work. Laughing

Ok, here it goes.

I buy 3-6 six packs of beer from Halftime every couple of weeks. I tend to enjoy 1 ale everynight, so I like to have a good variety to choose from. My garage gets damp from time to time & in the summer it stays about 60+ degrees. I was storing the beer there until I noticed the boxes, they were very weak feeling, almost wet. In the winter it gets pretty cold in there, more so then usual. I have my beer fridge in the garage but that is not my concern since it is a controlled temp. My question is this, will the beer be fine in the garage or should I switch them to an unused crawl space inside the house. The crawl space never sees daylight & the temp in there stays roughly the same the whole yr. The floor is linoleum & it seems to stay pretty dry.

I know it is best to have a storage place that is not hit w/sunlight, dry & where the temps stay about the same all of the time.
bikejunkie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recomend storing the beer in your stomach! Rolling Eyes If that's not an option, the crawl space sounds like a better choice than the garage if you bought it warm. It's important not to have large temperature variations when storing beer (cold to warm to cold = bad). If you buy it already cold keep it in the fridge. Wink
Ironbike1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stomach is the best place. Very Happy

I always buy warm beer, this way I can put a couple bottles in the fridge & store the rest. I have my own mini fridge in the garage, the wife says I take up to much room with the beer in the house fridge...... Rolling Eyes
tom church

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definatly the crawl space. The moisture can mess things up if the beer is not capped correctly of if it is corked and that combined with the temp variation is not going to be good.

Tom
Ironbike1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, that is what I thought. The only time the temp in the crawl space varies is during the seasons, even then it stays just below room temp.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: