Find us on Facebook Follow FatsInTheCats on Twitter Follow our RSS News Feed
Home Membership Calendar Trail Building Forums Trails & Bike Shops Photos Links Contact
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     CalendarCalendar  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
leaving soon
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kevin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got word that she is safely at sea and learning her way around the deck! Tomorrow, they get to do a safety drill and put on one of those survival suits like they do on The Deadliest Catch. She is really excited Laughing

-Kevin
TriassicDoc
El Presidente

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys Smile

This is the one and only chance I have to post while I am out at sea because we are in satellite range. I was super sea sick the first 2 days, but now I am all better and ready to work real hard! It's not really hard work, actually. Just slightly stressful when you are bringing things over the deck or back on the deck because you can like get killed and stuff.

We did not do the survival suit drill, just a regular drill, and it was postponed to today.

Otherwise, things are pretty ok. I'm definitely glad that I got over my seasickness because I felt like such a dead weight!!!

Please ride a lot for me because now that I can keep food down, I fear that I will gain weight. The chef is AMAZING.

Cheers!
Samantha
TriassicDoc
El Presidente

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin wrote:
I brought her to the airport this morning, so she is on her way.

It's quite the opportunity for her, and I can't wait to hear all about it Smile Hopefully, someone on the boat brought a camera and can take pictures of what she is actually doing.

Have a good 4th everyone,

-Kevin

Oh, yes. One of the PhD's has been my coconspirator--I tell him about a good blackmail shot and he takes it Smile Unfortunately, we nearly got ourselves tossed over the deck because of this, but it's all in good fun.
Kevin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samantha sent me an email yesterday with updates. Two of the three engines went kaput, so they limped over to the Cape Verde Islands and are staying at Praia for the rest of the week. The science mission is over, and she'll be back on land (and bikes) next week!

Kevin
TriassicDoc
El Presidente

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I am on the island of Santiago. It is very hot outside. I have 5 minutes of internet use left so I just wanted to say Hi. I will be leaving tonight for a very long commute back to NY. I cannot wait to get back on a bike again!!! I am very out of shape.

I miss everyone!!!

Cheers,
Samantha
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: