Find us on Facebook Follow FatsInTheCats on Twitter Follow our RSS News Feed
Home Membership Calendar Trail Building Forums Trails & Bike Shops Photos Links Contact
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     CalendarCalendar  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Sunday, October 22-- Blue Mountain ride and Breakfast
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> Group Rides
View previous topic :: View next topic  
huckup

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Sunday, October 22-- Blue Mountain ride and Breakfast Reply with quote

Hey all, I finally registered Very Happy

It will be hard to top the Round Top ride preceeded by McDonald's this past weekend. Some say it was, "the best ride ever". In an effort to continue the comraderie and riding into winter, I would like to invite all riders to my house on Sunday morning (10/22) at 8:30am for a pre-ride breakfast. We will have pancakes, coffee, fruit etc. No need to bring anything other than a good attitude and a bike. We'll head to Baloo after eats. If you want to come for breakfast, just let me know so I know how much food to have on hand. I will post directions later in the week.

I wanna ride...

Don[/b]
g60dude

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in..........But, where do we meet down at Blue Mountain and how long does it take to get there from your place? Just so we can tell people that live down that way a time and place that arent heading to your house for a tasty breakfast.

raybag

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Don, thanks for the invite. You can count Mary and I in for the grub and ride combo platter. No substitutions please.

-Ray
huckup

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg, It will take about one hour and twenty minutes to get from my house to Blue. We can plan on meeting in the upper parking lot by the lake and mile post 1. There is a map of blue on wmba.org if you want to check out the parking. I will have color maps of the area printed up for all the riders.

I wanna ride!!!

Don
BillB3
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These Sunday rides are getting better and better, I'll be there...up bright & early.
Kevin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oohhh, this sounds interesting! How do I get there?
g60dude

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

huckup wrote:
Greg, It will take about one hour and twenty minutes to get from my house to Blue. We can plan on meeting in the upper parking lot by the lake and mile post 1. There is a map of blue on wmba.org if you want to check out the parking. I will have color maps of the area printed up for all the riders.

I wanna ride!!!

Don

Ok.............Ill tell the people that live down that way to be at that parking lot by 10:45..............and we'll be on the trails by 11am. That gives us a hour for breakfast and getting on the road. Sound good?

Tim845

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Don!
Some travel ideas.
Route 9 is most direct, but filled with lights and mall shoppers til you get south of 84. Maybe a better way is to go around, but out of the way via TSP or ?
I'm hoping to have a chance to get info for taking Metro North in Po'k to Peekskill. I know its done and heard it's pretty smooth, direct, and low dough.
Seems like travel's the only kink to iron out to turn some new people on to Blue Mt.
g60dude

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Tim , you gonna meet us there? We need a good tour guide. Smile You know the road names to this parking lot Don is mentioning? Just so I can tell a few that live down that way where too meet. Or is this parking lot where everyone that goes to Blue parks?

Tim845

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im sure Dons got the guide thing, I will be there.
From the North its the Welcher Ave. exit off route 9. The usual lot is the back lot.
Check out the Park map @ http://www.wmba.org
BillB3
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The train looks like it would be pretty easy, only 1.4 miles from the station to the lower parking lot...

Google Maps: 300 Railroad Avenue, Peekskill, NY to Lounsbury Ln, Peekskill, NY
g60dude

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillB3 wrote:
The train looks like it would be pretty easy, only 1.4 miles from the station to the lower parking lot...

Google Maps: 300 Railroad Avenue, Peekskill, NY to Lounsbury Ln, Peekskill, NY

Personally, the train isnt for me. Load and unload an extra time with the bikes, Id rather just drive that extra 45min to an hour. Just my 2cents.

jamesframes

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in- I live near the po'k train station if people want to park near my apt.we can ride down- bring the flak jacket
Tim845

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pedaler845 wrote:

Route 9 is most direct, but filled with lights and mall shoppers til you get south of 84.

wear the spd's on the train, whats to unpack?
Tim845

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.wmba.tommychurch.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=13242#13242
Ya need a $5 permit for the train.
g60dude

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pedaler845 wrote:
Pedaler845 wrote:

Route 9 is most direct, but filled with lights and mall shoppers til you get south of 84.

wear the spd's on the train, whats to unpack?

Its not worth it in my eyes........Just looked on Metro Norths website, its a forty minute train ride, Your gonna spend at least 15 minutes finding a parking spot, getting your tickets and waiting a few minutes for the next train. Now you are almost talking an hour. Id rather sit in my own car for that hour, listening to my own music. For anyone that wants to do the train, great, I'll meet you at the parking lot at 10:45 Sunday........

huckup

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Breakfast directions Reply with quote

Looks like the ride is shaping up. Glad to see we will have a quorum. As for breakfast, plan on 8;30am. Directions to my house from Kingston is as follows: Cross the Rhinecliff bridge and proceed on 209/199 to the first light which is River Rd. Left onto River Road. Proceed 2 miles to the first stop sign which is Barrytown Rd. Turn Right onto Barrytown Rd. My house is 40 Barrytown Rd. As you turn right onto Barrytown, my drive will be directly in front of you. You will see a garage under construction. You can head to the right up the drive(for the brave only, no room to turn around) or park on the street and walk up.

Best route to Blue is probably TSP to 84west to rte 9 south. It will take about 1 hour and 20 minutes to get to Blue.

I wanna ride!!
bikejunkie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Don/Greg, What's the riding like? Thinking it might be fun, just not sure if i'm up to it physically (haven't ridden in weeks and shoulder still healing).
Kevin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Doug,

If you are going, and want to ride up together (I'm in for breakfast), send me an email or something.

And for anyone thinking about coming up for the day via MetroNorth, remember that you also need to fill out a bike permit application and pay $5 for it. You do get it on the spot, or so I hear, but it could be the difference between making your train and watching it drive away.

Kevin
g60dude

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bikejunkie wrote:
Hey Don/Greg, What's the riding like? Thinking it might be fun, just not sure if i'm up to it physically (haven't ridden in weeks and shoulder still healing).

Hey Doug

Ive never been to Blue Mountain, but from what Ive heard its similar to another place down that way called Ninym. If thats the case.....its much smoother than Jockey Hill, but does and alot of steep drops offs where your ass may have to touch your rear tire. But ive also heard most of these challenging places throughout Blue has an optional easier alternative.........You should go Doug, it sounds like we are gonna have a pretty decent turnout.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> Group Rides All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: