Find us on Facebook Follow FatsInTheCats on Twitter Follow our RSS News Feed
Home Membership Calendar Trail Building Forums Trails & Bike Shops Photos Links Contact
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     CalendarCalendar  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
new trails at stewart?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> Trails
View previous topic :: View next topic  
masterofnone

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:03 pm    Post subject: new trails at stewart? Reply with quote

Last weekend I found some new trails cut in at the upper end between barron road and orlando, circling around the swamp, one loop almost 5 miles long. They cut across the existing trails in many spots, sometimes following abandoned trails, with sturdy bridges across watercrossings, occasionally passing through sensitive wetlands ankle deep in mud. Eventually I figured out they are most likely being cut in by motos and not authorized trails. They are fun and flowy, I saw a couple other mtb tracks following the moto tracks, so others have been following them too. Can anyone tell me if they are in fact illegal moto trails or new mtb trails?
GG
Veep

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

probs illegal...motos seem to be getting more active in stewart..there's really not much of a penalty for them if caught...they pay a fine = fun pass and they keep on going.
Tim845

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found of these too over many years. Usually they use orange ribbons.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> Trails All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: