Find us on Facebook Follow FatsInTheCats on Twitter Follow our RSS News Feed
Home Membership Calendar Trail Building Forums Trails & Bike Shops Photos Links Contact
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     CalendarCalendar  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
2018 New Paltz Bike Swap THIS WEEKEND

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slave2bacon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject: 2018 New Paltz Bike Swap THIS WEEKEND Reply with quote

The New Paltz Bike Swap is Saturday May 12th at the New Paltz High School in New Paltz NY from 10 AM to 2 PM.

This is the biggest fund raiser for our bike club. It helps us pay for things like trail building tools, food at club events and trail work days, donations to land managers who support mountain biking, and bikes for kids during the holidays.

You can help out in two ways:
1) Show up and buy and sell your bikes and bike parts.
2) Volunteer to help during the event. Contact Pete at embracexs at yahoo if you can devote some valuable time at the event.

See you at the swap!

>>>>>>>

our 10th year and we expect several hundred attendees and dozens of vendors. There will be bikes, bike parts, apparel and more on sale. Last year we sold dozens and dozens of bikes including mountain, road, vintage, fixies, trials, kids and cruisers. There are many tables of bike parts and bike stuff for sale and you never know what bikey stuff you will find.

It is *FREE* entry and open to the public. Check our website for all the details at www.newpaltzbikeswap.com. Or see tons of photos on Facebook (search for New Paltz Bike Swap).

Come with items to sell. You can turn new or used bikes or parts into cash or trade with others. The club gets 20% of items sold as a donation so please mark your items accordingly. Vendor check in starts at 9 AM.

The event is a fund raiser for a local not-for-profit the Fats in the Cats Bike Club. It's the main way this group generates funds to support cycling advocacy and trails in the Hudson Valley.

Doors open from 10 to 2 PM. Come out and see what treasures you can buy or sell. Come early for the best selection.

See you at the swap!

Last edited by slave2bacon on Thu May 10, 2018 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total
slave2bacon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interested in volunteering for the NP bike swap? If so, please be at the NP High School on Saturday 5/12 about 8 AM. You will get on the job training, a sweet T shirt, and will help make the swap happen. You might even get a cookie.

Hope to see you at the swap.
jamesframes

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In for cookie.

Support your LBS-Bicycle Depot New Paltz NY
Kevin

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yay
Kevin

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For sale at this years bike swap:

2012 Kona Jake the Snake - VGC with low miles. Size 53cm. $750

1978 Woodrup Giro sport tourer, well maintained, but with a lot of patina. Top tube 54.5cm. Campagnolo Centaur 3x10 drivetrain shifted by friction Suntour barcons. Reynolds 531 frame/fork, Brooks saddle, Campagnolo post, Chris King headset, Bluemel Popular fenders ect, ect. A real british ride. $750

GG
Veep

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some sweet rides will be available! come one come all!!!!
slave2bacon

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wrenching and tagging party for the swap is tonight (5/10) from 5 to 8 at Chrissy and Jamies house.

107 Jenkinstown Rd, New Paltz.

Bring bike stand and tools if you have them. Lots of bikes to work on and get ready for the swap on Saturday!
pokgirl

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2007 Titus RacerX 29" FS 1x, less than 100 miles in current drivetrain, custom built tubeless Stans wheels (to withstand 200 lb monkeys), DT Swiss 240S hubs, $600.

[img]https://flic.kr/p/Hnwci4[/img]

https://flic.kr/p/Hnwci4

IMG_3173[/img]
Jesse845

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I brought my five year old daughter to the bike swap today to help me sell my fat bike. Someone bought my bike, I scored a sweet pair of Forte MTB shoes, she got a skateboard for $5 and we had a great day!
Great event! Thanks guys!
slave2bacon

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Everyone that came to the Bike Swap to volunteer, buy and sell and just hang out. It was another great event.

Highlights:
+ Kids riding a unicycle trainer (some weird bike I have never seen before).
+ A Bag full of water bottle cages from the 1990's for $3. I'm set for life for cages.
+ Scouts working on their bicycle merit badges. They are gonna be bike friendly when they grow up.
+ Kids that fell in love with a bike which there parents bought for them. Everyone feels like a kid when they ride a bike.

See you next year!?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: