Find us on Facebook Follow FatsInTheCats on Twitter Follow our RSS News Feed
Home Membership Calendar Trail Building Forums Trails & Bike Shops Photos Links Contact
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     CalendarCalendar  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Town of Beekman Trail Projects

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> Trails
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TriassicDoc
El Presidente

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:01 pm    Post subject: Town of Beekman Trail Projects Reply with quote

In 2009, the Town of Beekman put together an official trails map and had a very active trails committee. Some of the trails were built. Right now, the trails committee kind of dwindled, but the CAC is taking over.

We are actively seeking people in the town and around the town to help build and maintain trails that would go from Tymor Park across to the Beekman Town Park, and then another trail system that will be in Doughty Park and across to Red Wing (around the pond). At present, Tymor is only open to residents of Union Vale, but I am working on getting an extension.

All are welcome (and will be welcome) to use trails in Beekman, we just want them to be used and to attract more people to the town.

Please let me know if you live nearby or are interested in helping out. I will keep posting updates throughout the summer. I will be scouting the areas and posting updates and I will be working on a GIS map.

There are also other areas that may be added and we are applying for several grants. A big section of Appalachian Trail is actually on State Land (not federal), so MTB is ok on those lands. This connects up to West Mountain. There are already some fire roads out that way that are great for mtb. Working on getting a new trail in, but it may be sketchy because there is also a very active shooting range up there.

Anyways, let me know if you're interested. Ride on!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> Trails All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: