Find us on Facebook Follow FatsInTheCats on Twitter Follow our RSS News Feed
Home Membership Calendar Trail Building Forums Trails & Bike Shops Photos Links Contact
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     CalendarCalendar  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Spring 2015 Trail Conditions Updates

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> Trails
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jamesframes

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:00 am    Post subject: Spring 2015 Trail Conditions Updates Reply with quote

Please post them here when you have them....

Support your LBS-Bicycle Depot New Paltz NY
masterofnone

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dutchess rail trail has been plowed from Poughkeepsie down to rt 376. Only the last section down to the Hopewell end has not, but the snow is thin enough that skinny tires should be ok. I'm itching to ride singletrack though.
edgeworker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The single track and downhill runs at Plattekill have been skiing really well. Buttery corn!!! Very Happy
ksb

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:21 pm    Post subject: Stewart needs a week or so more ... Reply with quote

� snowmobile trails are packed ice. Non-snowmobile trails are patchy soft snow. A warm week this week should clear most of it, a dry week after should have it nicely set for SSAP.
smctigue

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

West Side of Tymor - trails that snowmobiles have been on are treacherous but should be good next weekend. The rest of the trails have a ways to go. I came across a section coming off of H where the park borders an exposed corn field and found areas of at least 3' of wind blown snow.
Tim D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ferncliff today. Pretty good on the north end, little mud and very little ice or snow. Lots of packed ice/snow on the south side. I was on a fat bike no problems, but I wouldn't recommend skinny just yet. Give it a week of warm days and it should be nice.
TriassicDoc
El Presidente

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is Jockey Hill? Any word if it's better in CT?
pinklewurst (tschneller)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edgeworker wrote:
The single track and downhill runs at Plattekill have been skiing really well. Buttery corn!!! Very Happy
truer words were never written..... Buttery last weekend! Still some ice and thick snow in Hurley for biking. Last sat was the last of my xcountry skiing so kind of in between for a week or so.
DrDave

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:30 am    Post subject: spring 2015 trail conditions Reply with quote

I rode Stewart Thur Apr 2nd and made 1st tracks on some of the trails.The roads are all clear, the trails were still a strugle on a regular bike but would be fine for fatties. There are lots of patches of 2-4 inch deep icy/slushy/crunchy stuff with mud around it. It's melting fast, should be better this weekend.
stevelei

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sawyer Trails here in Saugerties are completely free of snow. The trails are drying up some what some areas are damp.

At present we have about 3 miles of action packed singletrack to test and challenge ya biking skills and still building more singletrack.

10552506_10153264970949742_45331899835815724_n by revolution_bicycles, on Flickr
190 Main Street
Saugerties, NY 12477
845-246-1492
www.revolutionbikesny.com
PatH

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jockey was good rode Q-man Wintergreen and Bear trail wet in all the normal spots. Woods road was wet and muddy but single track was pretty good and I hear the other side of the road is good as well except for bottom of kneecap that was a little flooded but that's the norm for this time of year.
owen1388

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:19 pm    Post subject: Illinois mtn Reply with quote

Rode Illinois Mountin today. Looks like someone has been up there doing some work! The road up was firm and rideable 90% of it. I rode the Yellow trail from the top and it was all clear of snow. 2 trees down but there was a go around for one already cut in. Pretty clear of debris and leaves other wise but i did lose the trail a few times. It may just be how tight the turns are at the bottom. As soon as you get speed... hairpin turns. Saw some fresh saw cuts in some trees too. Very little mud on the yellow trail but its so damn rocky up there that it drains off well. I didnt get a chance to ride the blue trail but it looked like someone blew or raked the bottom or something. White trail was pretty good too with the usual two muddy spots. great work whoever was out there!
ksb

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:48 am    Post subject: Stewart is good Reply with quote

Rode Stewart on Sunday (yesterday). Trails are in fairly decent shape, some waterlogged sections where water is draining (Scofieldtown Rd) but these are limited. Rode the SS and had no problems. The new trail off Maple (meadow something) was soft - might be a bit sapping for the race.
Possible rain this week - should be all good for the race - keep your fingers crossed for showers if you don;t like muddy conditions - and rideable if your just looking to ride.
(We rode the first part of the race course - Ridge to Scofield, Maple to Lange Fm, Orchard, Drakes, Beaver Pond - then Krahn, Senior, Washboard, Pond, Horse, New Rd)
Tim845

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yellow @ Illinois will get cleared soon, & more markings.
Tim845

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scenic Hudson has taken care of the Yellow trail's 2 deadfalls etc. on Illinois Mt.

All riding areas with Hemlock trees -they have lowered their limbs to poking height due to the drought and need to be avoided &/or cleared.

It looks like the Pond Gut limbs have been lessened somewhat.

I have found that Tea Tree oil on the face repels gnats better than repellents if I apply every hour.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> Trails All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: