Find us on Facebook Follow FatsInTheCats on Twitter Follow our RSS News Feed
Home Membership Calendar Trail Building Forums Trails & Bike Shops Photos Links Contact
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     CalendarCalendar  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
909 Signage? Hunting season?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> Trails
View previous topic :: View next topic  
humanDrift

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:39 am    Post subject: 909 Signage? Hunting season? Reply with quote

Is there a reason why 909 does not have signage on the trails? I'm a newbie to that area and have been going by the trail map available online and have gone WAY off course a couple times now. Thank goodness for the trail badges that are already in place and the Strava app on my phone.

Unrelated, but when is MTBing off limits at 909 for hunting and can anyone recommend an area that you can ride during hunting season that is near 909 or Poughkeepsie?
lefty

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:07 pm    Post subject: 909 signage and hunting Reply with quote

i don't know why there are no signs at 909, but it is fun to learn. You will catch on quick as the dirt roads serve as great landmarks. you should try to do the tuesday night rides and you will learn from the best.

regarding hunting, 909 is never off limits to riders like stewart. you can ride 909 all fall/winter, but there will be hunters so wear orange. there isn't too much up our way that bans hunting. unfortunately, many of the places that ban it still find hunters on the land. i have seen hunters at ninham, blue, jockey hill and beacon. i have never seen any at hyde park, michael ciola, or graham hills.
humanDrift

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:43 pm    Post subject: Tuesday night ride time Reply with quote

What time is the 909 ride on Tuesday night?
TriassicDoc
El Presidente

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are working on signs.
lefty

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See the group rides forum for details but it starts @ 530 . 2 hours mod pace
Tim845

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tuesdays 5:30 --when the snow's too deep we'll snowshoe & ski-- welcome

Also Tymor is supposed to be no hunting, and usually the neighbors play along

Vassar Farms -- too depressingly few miles open to bikes now

Ferncliff Forest = ok
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> Trails All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: