Find us on Facebook Follow FatsInTheCats on Twitter Follow our RSS News Feed
Home Membership Calendar Trail Building Forums Trails & Bike Shops Photos Links Contact
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     CalendarCalendar  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
replacement front derailleur hanger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> Repair & Maintenance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tim

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:12 pm    Post subject: replacement front derailleur hanger Reply with quote

so here is the question. i just tore off my front der.(in half) along with the alloy bolt on front derailleur hanger. the frame is an off brand carbon frame with a mount that has a rear facing j bend and two mounting screws. anyone have any ideas where i can grab one? already checked the nice guys at trt and bike depot and bikeway...about to try and fabricate one....just waiting to here back from the manufacturer first.
thanks for any help.

similiar to below:

http://soshanger.com/epages/box11137.sf/seca5e54f43c7/?ObjectPath=/Shops/box11137/Products/%22470843/GNT%22/SubProducts/%22470843/GNT-0001%22&ViewAction=ViewProduct
ProfessorCracker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try everywhere (phone), berkshire bike and board in Good Barrington might have one.
Kevin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worst comes to worst, you should be able to find a clamp-on adapter that will accommodate your braze-on front derailleur. Provided your off brand frame has a round seat tube, measure the diameter of your seat tube and call around to shops. If all you can find is a larger diameter than your seat tube, don't rule out the use of a shim with it.

Good luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> Repair & Maintenance All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: