Find us on Facebook Follow FatsInTheCats on Twitter Follow our RSS News Feed
Home Membership Calendar Trail Building Forums Trails & Bike Shops Photos Links Contact
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     CalendarCalendar  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Ride 909 Early AM

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> Group Rides
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chiefmatesam

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Ride 909 Early AM Reply with quote

Hey everyone, if anyone is up EARLY in the morning during the week I ride before work (I usually roll into the Tyrell Lot at 5:20 AM). I usually ride an hour, rolling back into Tyrell by 6:20-6:30. If you're interested in joining me, let me know and we'll see if we can figure out a day (pls PM me or post here).
TriassicDoc
El Presidente

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking about it... sounds like a good challenge. I will pm you if I can get out of the covers.
WigginsJohn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love to ride bike and if I am not too late I want to go for a bike ride with your company so if you are ready for it reply as I will be happy to go for a ride with you.
chiefmatesam

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, we're looking at riding Thursday morning...meet at Tyrell road lot at 909 at 5:20 AM, roll out at 5:25 for an hour. Stops are minimal and pace is to the faster side (mostly to keep warm!!!). Expect frozen conditions and COLD weather (maybe mid to upper 20's at that time). It'll stay dark until about 6:15 or so. Pls post up if you plan on coming.
chiefmatesam

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So everyone can see what they're missing with early morning rides...sunrise as seen from Bykhed.

Sunrise on Bykhed
edgeworker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great. I've got a crazy guy living on my street. Laughing That's some dedication!
chiefmatesam

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm only a little crazy Wink

It's the best time to ride for me and still get plenty of family time with the kids after work. Plus I've seen and heard the weirdest things that early in the morning.

The only bad thing is it's starting to feel a bit weird riding in the daytime because I've gotten so used to riding with the lights.
riham

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guns are already out. Turkey season is open and there are hunters at 909.
chiefmatesam

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ride and finish before sunrise...I haven't ridden at 909 during the day in almost 2 weeks now. I did see something rather curious...at arrived at 5:20 one morning at Tyrell and saw another car there (engine was still warm) along with what looked like a sleeve for a bow. I can only guess he was positioning himself so he could start hunting about sunrise. It's very unusual for me to see anyone that early.
TriassicDoc
El Presidente

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I've said this before, but on my bucket list is to ride with you at 5:20am.
masterofnone

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chiefmatesam wrote:
I ride and finish before sunrise...I haven't ridden at 909 during the day in almost 2 weeks now. I did see something rather curious...at arrived at 5:20 one morning at Tyrell and saw another car there (engine was still warm) along with what looked like a sleeve for a bow. I can only guess he was positioning himself so he could start hunting about sunrise. It's very unusual for me to see anyone that early.
I'm not a hunter, but I know many. The best time to hunt from what I gather is just before and around sunrise, and at dusk and twilight. From my experience the deer seem to be the most active at these times. I have started a morning workout routine at that hour and it's hard enough just to get out of bed, sorry to say I won't be joining you Wink
Bobg82

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam, yes we hunters do get out there in the early am to be ready when we can actually see the deer at sunrise. And yes the deer do move at that early morning hours heading from their feeding area back to wear they bed down for most of the day. In fact it's 5:43am as I write this and I am going to throw my hunting clothes on and drive the 5 minutes to one of the places I hunt.

And I must say kudos to you for getting out riding at 5:20am on these cold, dark mornings! You won't see me doing that now, maybe in June?! Stay warm!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> Group Rides All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: