Find us on Facebook Follow FatsInTheCats on Twitter Follow our RSS News Feed
Home Membership Calendar Trail Building Forums Trails & Bike Shops Photos Links Contact
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     CalendarCalendar  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Tubless tires, to seal or not to seal?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> Repair & Maintenance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bikejunkie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Tubless tires, to seal or not to seal? Reply with quote

Ok, Finally hooked up with a nice pair of tubless tires (OMB-BillyD hooked me up with a deal I couldn't turn down, Thanks Bill). I just looking for opinions, Who is using Stans or some other sealer and who is not and also, what is your opinion on this subject?
Tim845

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tubeless since '02. I carry tube(s).
I like http://www.truegoo.com/ because its non-toxic and claims to not dry up, unlike Stans. Slime's been too thick.
Practice mounting the tire without levers, follow the instructions...get one bead to sit into a channel before you work the other off: hold the wheel in the air, pinch and put tension on both sides of the tire @ 12:00 with one hand. Massage the bead into 1 channel with the other. The tire will mount easier after 3 more on/off's. Soap the rims, wet the beads first. Some tires are a workout, all get easier. Lever's should be used with care, might stretch the bead.
I wouldnt expect to drop the pressure much in Ulster anywhere, just less pinch flats etc.
{How'd you like ATF for chain lube?}
g60dude

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been running tubeless now for a couple months. I run them with no sealant. So far so good..............no problems.........And like Pedaler said, I'm still running pretty hard...........right around 40lbs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> Repair & Maintenance All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: