Find us on Facebook Follow FatsInTheCats on Twitter Follow our RSS News Feed
Home Membership Calendar Trail Building Forums Trails & Bike Shops Photos Links Contact
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     CalendarCalendar  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Road Ride Mohonk Wednesday

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> Group Rides
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chiefmatesam

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: Road Ride Mohonk Wednesday Reply with quote

If anyone's interested, going to put a good hurting on myself and ride over to Mohonk Wed morning, rolling out at 7 am from my house in Poughkeepsie. Should be around 50 miles total...up Mohonk, then west on Clove Road, and back. Plan on taking the Walkway Over the Hudson to/from, and depending on how busy it is, the rail trail at least to New Paltz. If anyone intersted, let me know and we can meet some where along the way, or I'll PM you my address.
exbmxer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do connect up with the rail trail to New Paltz? I follow the trail in the Highlands side of the Walkway and it ends at that ball field.
chiefmatesam

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops...rail trail to New Paltz was supposed to be finished last year. Haven't had time to ride all the way out...so looks like my info is wrong. Guess they are a little behind.

Anyway, weather forecast is not looking good for tomorrow...t-storms tonight and tomorrow. If weather is looking nasty, won't be riding. If I don't see anyone has an interest, I won't bother to post up if I'm cancelling.
GG
Veep

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there are decent roads to take from highland out to new paltz...matt davies does this ride often...any beta matt d?
chiefmatesam

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice GG! Came up with this route...about 55 miles total.

http://goo.gl/maps/oc3W

Matt - Any input on how your route might be different? Once back at the bridge into NP, just follow route reverse.
roadrider

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GG wrote:
there are decent roads to take from highland out to new paltz...matt davies does this ride often...any beta matt d?

I'll usually take the rail trail to 299. You can take NP road north of 299 then west to ohioville, but the shoulder is actually pretty wide on 299 till you hit north putt.
MattD

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lily lake road is easiest to get to from the end of the rail trail.
You go across 299 at the mini golf / ice cream place.
From the end of that road head west and go exploring,
i did and found lots of different roads ,very pleasant shaded lightly traveled.
Some are flat and some have rolling terrain,you can even loop up to the Kingston Br. and come down thru Rhinebeck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> Group Rides All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: