Find us on Facebook Follow FatsInTheCats on Twitter Follow our RSS News Feed
Home Membership Calendar Trail Building Forums Trails & Bike Shops Photos Links Contact
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     CalendarCalendar  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Bottomed out fork shock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> Repair & Maintenance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chiefmatesam

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Bottomed out fork shock Reply with quote

Hey all, while riding at Jockey Hill last Friday, was going over some logs and managed to get the front end and back end hopping up and down a lot. When my front wheel hit for the last time, I felt a little "thud" feeling when it hit the ground. I'm fairly certain I bottomed out the shock. The shock is a 2007 Fox F100 terralogic. Do I need to take it back to the shop to have it inspected or anything like that? I've never bottomed it out...and it just came back from Rob @ Bikeway for a rebuild. Thanks!
Tim845

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd call Rob, he knows shock shizzle.
tom church

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suspension bottoming out is not an issue...means your using it. If it's happening all the time you probably need to up the compression or spring rate.
pinklewurst (tschneller)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pump it up a little. I pump mine or at least check the pressure every few rides. If you know your sweet spot pressure it makes a big difference. You can also change it depending on the type of trail. Hitting bottom isn't bad unless you do it alot.
Since its a recent re-build I'd have them check it. They simply may not have put enough pressure in.
edgeworker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pinklewurst wrote:
Pump it up a little. I pump mine or at least check the pressure every few rides. If you know your sweet spot pressure it makes a big difference. You can also change it depending on the type of trail. Hitting bottom isn't bad unless you do it alot.
Since its a recent re-build I'd have them check it. They simply may not have put enough pressure in.

^^^this^^^
chiefmatesam

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the info everyone! Called Rob @ Bikeway, and he said it should be ok...I think I only bottomed out because of my poor riding at the time. I actually pumped up the pressure from what it was set at the shop by 10 PSI. My biggest worry was that I may have broken something. I just need to make sure I don't ride like a dumba$$.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> Repair & Maintenance All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: