Find us on Facebook Follow FatsInTheCats on Twitter Follow our RSS News Feed
Home Membership Calendar Trail Building Forums Trails & Bike Shops Photos Links Contact
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     CalendarCalendar  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
First time posting? Introduce yourself here!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
owen1388

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Heyyy Reply with quote

Hey all.

My names Owen. Recently moved to New Paltz for school from brooklyn. Originally from warwick. Bought a rockhopper for cheap up here because my road bike wasn't cutting it as my only mode of transportation. Im an active member of the Outing club on campus. I found this post from 2009 about a few miles of singletrack on campus. Recently went to check it out and it looks like it has been reclaimed by the woods. Myself and some other club members are interested in rebuilding or establishing a new trail system in the same area. I thought i should come to you guys first for suggestions, protocol, help etc... Thanks!!
jamesframes

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Owen!

That strecth of trail was orginally created for a race that never occured. Kudos for wanting to bring it back to life. I suggest getting in touch with folks at your school (Grounds Dept, Dean, Student Rec, etc) to gain permission.

You can also contact Gunter from Wildcat Events to find out who his contact person was for getting access.

jamie

Support your LBS-Bicycle Depot New Paltz NY
owen1388

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamesframes wrote:

You can also contact Gunter from Wildcat Events to find out who his contact person was for getting access.

Thanks Jamie!
I sent Gunter a email and will keep you guys updated on the project if it gets off the forest floor!

owen
smctigue

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, my name is Sean. I am coming off of a 10 year hiatus from riding. I'm 48 years old, I'm slow and my back hurts. You'll most likely see me riding either a Dekerf or a Wojcik steel hardtail.

Thanks to all of the men and women who have contributed and continue to contribute to make 909 the amazing park it has become. The last time I rode neither Timbuk2 or Beaver existed. Like many of the trails in 909, both are a masterpiece in trail design.

Thanks again,

Sean
Jen:)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smctigue wrote:
Hi, my name is Sean. I am coming off of a 10 year hiatus from riding. I'm 48 years old, I'm slow and my back hurts. You'll most likely see me riding either a Dekerf or a Wojcik steel hardtail.

Thanks to all of the men and women who have contributed and continue to contribute to make 909 the amazing park it has become. The last time I rode neither Timbuk2 or Beaver existed. Like many of the trails in 909, both are a masterpiece in trail design.

Thanks again,

Sean

Hi Sean! Welcome to the Fats! Good to see you here Very Happy Hopefully, we will see you some rides this season? Or at 909 on any given day! Keep on eye on SunieD (Dawn), she's always posting for the Beginner rides shes leads. She's amazing! Could be just what you need to ease back in to things after such a long hiatus. The pace is real smooth and fun Very Happy

Next Tuesday Lippman is the spot for the next Beginner ride.

Welcome aboard!
smctigue

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jen, thanks for the welcome and the invite. I'm sure I'll see you out there at some point.
Sunie D

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi smctigue, there is a small group of us going to 909 this coming Sunday, easyrider pace but will be including beaver and byk head in our ride. let me know if you are interest, will most likely will be posting up when all details are finalized.
Welcome back..Smile
oconnell84

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone, My name is Mike. Just moved up to Fishkill from Philly. Been riding for many years. I'm hoping to find a group to show me the trails and make friends!

Does this org use Meetup for rides? The PIMBA chapter used Meetup and it actually worked very well. Just a thought.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oconnell84 wrote:
Hey everyone, My name is Mike. Just moved up to Fishkill from Philly. Been riding for many years. I'm hoping to find a group to show me the trails and make friends!

Does this org use Meetup for rides? The PIMBA chapter used Meetup and it actually worked very well. Just a thought.

Hi Mike! Welcome to the Fats Cool Glad you found us! I see you had a 29er up on eBay. Did it sell? If so, what are you riding now?

All the members here rock, so keep your eye on the forums and facebook page for events, rides and last minute rides! Hope to meet you out on the trails Very Happy
bunkertrek

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone!

My name is Lisa I moved to lagrangeville from NJ about a month ago. I bought my Trek about 2 years ago rode in for a month and it sat Sad But now have lots of time to spend on my bike Smile

I am looking for a group to show me the trails weekends or weekdays and to meet some new people! I am excited to get out there!!!! Very Happy
Sunie D

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lisa just saw your post on the new rider/ easy rider page.. (posted there for you too!!)
Welcome to our forum and our club! As I said on the other forum look forward to riding with you.. PM me, email me or post up. I usually ride at least 2 or 3 times a week on the MTB depending on the week/weekend. Very Happy
bunkertrek

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunie great I will, I am excited to me you ! If you don't hear for me just email me I have lots of spare time Smile

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bunkertrek wrote:
Hi everyone!

My name is Lisa I moved to lagrangeville from NJ about a month ago. I bought my Trek about 2 years ago rode in for a month and it sat Sad But now have lots of time to spend on my bike Smile

I am looking for a group to show me the trails weekends or weekdays and to meet some new people! I am excited to get out there!!!! Very Happy

Hi Lisa! Welcome to the Fats! Glad you found us Cool Dawn (SunieD) runs some really fun EZ Rider/New Rider rides! There are some super trails around here. I see you are in LaGrangeville, so 909 is real close to you and a ton of fun!

Hope to meet you out on the trails as soon as Mother Nature bestows some dryer weather on us Smile
nyhennessey

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bunkertrek wrote:
Hi everyone!

Hey there. I'm always down to ride after 5. Min wed and fri. Can go at a easy pace.
etfhack

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello all. paul here. 48, old, slow and recently back in the dirt, so I can chase my kids. weekender in pine plains, weekdays in nyc. not the slowest, and still willing to bleed a bit.
Sunie D

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Paul, check out the group ride section there usually something going on.

The Ez rider group is fun and has pretty wide range of riders, most have been riding for a bit we do more technical trails then the new rider rides and tend to go a little faster and longer distances. Those rides generally happen on the weekends... Keep an eye out and you are welcome to join in on one,
We usually do a lot of Stewart, 909 and Jockey Hill.
Dawn
nd54

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, my name is Nick. Moved from the croton on hudson area to fishkill. Just started to check out the riding in the mid hudson valley. Got spoiled as I used to be able to ride from my house to Blue Mtn. I have been riding stewart but looking to check out other places. Just sold my 26" xc bike and am looking for a nice used full suspension 29er. Once I find a new ride I will be looking to check out some new places.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

etfhack wrote:
hello all. paul here. 48, old, slow and recently back in the dirt, so I can chase my kids. weekender in pine plains, weekdays in nyc. not the slowest, and still willing to bleed a bit.

Hi Paul! Welcome to the Fats! Glad you found us! Look forward to meeting you out on the trails!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nd54 wrote:
Hi, my name is Nick. Moved from the croton on hudson area to fishkill. Just started to check out the riding in the mid hudson valley. Got spoiled as I used to be able to ride from my house to Blue Mtn. I have been riding stewart but looking to check out other places. Just sold my 26" xc bike and am looking for a nice used full suspension 29er. Once I find a new ride I will be looking to check out some new places.

Hi Nick! Welcome to the forum and to the Fats! Hope you find yourself a whip soon! Make sure to check out the list of local bike shops as well as the forums for members selling bikes Smile

Look forward to seeing you out on the trails!
nd54

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcome Jen:). Looking forward to checking out 909 and Tymor Park as they seem pretty close to where I live. Still trying to find a new ride. I have checked the for sale section on the forum as well as a few of the bike shops but they don't have anything used. I am on a bit of a budget but I will find something soon. Any other suggestions for new places to check out. When I am ready it would be nice to go the first time to these places with someone who already knows the trails.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 16 of 19

Jump to: