Find us on Facebook Follow FatsInTheCats on Twitter Follow our RSS News Feed
Home Membership Calendar Trail Building Forums Trails & Bike Shops Photos Links Contact
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     CalendarCalendar  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Jockey Hill and Onteora Clearing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> Trails
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tim845

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject: Jockey Hill and Onteora Clearing Reply with quote

I passed a Dad and his kid on the loop @ Onteora Sunday where they'd been stopped by deadfall. After I cleared it and shared compliments with the kid on our bikes Wink I could tell they had the right attitude :the Dad said the debris "makes riding more interesting." Well, the trails do need pruning at least, mostly its Pines.
So, Im wondering the best way to get some done.
Some ideas: Group ride, pick a section and prune for a bit - the bigger the group, the quicker.
Efficiency: A person to prune 1 side of the trail, not picking up cuttings. Another person to cut the other. Another person to pick up cuttings.
I did some pruning at the Lake, but I was doing both sides. Forgive the cuttings I didnt pick up yet.
g60dude

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this weekend ive got stuff going on, but next Saturday the 30th I could possibly be up for some trail maintance at Onteora

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> Trails All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: