Find us on Facebook Follow FatsInTheCats on Twitter Follow our RSS News Feed
Home Membership Calendar Trail Building Forums Trails & Bike Shops Photos Links Contact
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     CalendarCalendar  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
tuning sram drivetrain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> Repair & Maintenance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikemarzano

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:08 am    Post subject: tuning sram drivetrain Reply with quote

so i just put together my new bike and i have to have it tuned.
i was wondering if anyone on here wanted to make a couple bucks to show me how to tune it?
I love to support the local shops but i really would like to know how to tune it myself for the future.

Drive train is sram x7 9 speed
frame is voodoo wanga with sliding rear dropouts.

peace

mike
slave2bacon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you bring it to the first Fats meeting in March I'm sure you'd have tons of volunteers.
mikemarzano

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject: awesome Reply with quote

that sounds like a plan. With any luck it will be long broken in by then but atleast i can fall back on that one.
OMB-BillyD

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be happy to give you a how to on the tuning of your drive train. It is a service I offer at my bike shop in the off season. I call it "bicycle awareness" lessons/classes. Give the shop a call [(845) 679-2122 at Overlook Mountain Bicycles] if you think you might be interested. I can focus on any aspect of bicycle mechanics you might be interested in. It is great for me in the off season and people seem to really enjoy it. I agree it is important to suppoet your local bike shop!!, but it is also importatnt to understand the basic operations of your bicycle for safety and fun Very Happy

-Billy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> Repair & Maintenance All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: