Find us on Facebook Follow FatsInTheCats on Twitter Follow our RSS News Feed
Home Membership Calendar Trail Building Forums Trails & Bike Shops Photos Links Contact
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     CalendarCalendar  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Proposed Trails at Frost Valley

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lelandains

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:51 am    Post subject: Proposed Trails at Frost Valley Reply with quote

Hello all,

Frost Valley YMCA, located near Claryville, is entertaining the idea of having mtb trails built on their land. Frost Valley currently has around 30 miles of hiking trails located throughout their 6,000 acres. The majority of this is not suitable for mountain biking. Although this project is still very early in the process, I wanted to gauge the level of interest from the mountain bikers in the surrounding area. Particularly since in order for this to happen it would require a lot of outside assistance (ie. you guys!). Frost Valley does not have the manpower to give to build new trails, especially sustainable mtb trails.

So, I guess I would like to hear from everyone if they would be interested in having mtb trails at Frost Valley. Is it a location that people would go to? And especially is it a project that the Fats in the Cats would be willing to assist with? Thanks for your thoughts!

LeLan
GG
Veep

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frost Valley has the potential for awesome mtb trails. If we build them, we will ride them...I'll pitch in however I can!
Kevin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As my former camp and employer, I would definitely be up to it. Put me down as interested Smile
Ti Junkie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in. LOVE that neck of the woods!
raybag

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely interested in trails at Frost Valley and would be willing to commit the time and effort to get it done.
GoneToTheDogs?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks LeLan, sounds like a great opportunity. If a group such as Fats puts in sweat equity to build and maintain trails, will Frost Valley ensure mtb access by us or the public?

Russ
lelandains

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If a group such as Fats puts in sweat equity to build and maintain trails, will Frost Valley ensure mtb access by us or the public?

Russ,

That's a good question. In fact I'm sure the fats as an organization will have a lot of questions about this project, just as I have many more questions for this group. I think it would be highly beneficial to have a meeting to discuss the terms of this project and how it would affect both the Fats (And the general public) and Frost Valley.

With that said, is there a certain chain of command in place or a certain person I should contact within the organization to set up a meeting? Of course I would want this meeting to be open to all members interested in the project. In my opinion this should be the next step for us.

...Upon browsing the site I noticed there is a club meeting on Wed the 14th. Would that be a good opportunity to com meet with the group?

Thanks again for your interest and enthusiasm on this!

LeLan
Ti Junkie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any plans for this subject to be discussed at the next meeting(the 14th)?
SketchyRydr

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:56 pm    Post subject: Trail building Reply with quote

I am in for playing in the dirt!
lelandains

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry I couldn't make an appearance at the meeting on the 14th. I fear there wouldn't have been much to discuss anyways. Frost Valley has yet to give me confirmation of final approval. They are checking on things like insurance and other red tape issues. I am still optimistic that these things will be worked out. Once that has been done I would like to then make an appearance at the next meeting. There are many things that I would like expert opinion on. (That's where you guys come in!). And of course, being that Frost Valley is private land we need to discuss land usage. I see the next meeting is Nov. 11th. Could we tentatively plan for me to come and discuss these issues? By then I should have a good idea of where things are with this project. Thanks again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: