Find us on Facebook Follow FatsInTheCats on Twitter Follow our RSS News Feed
Home Membership Calendar Trail Building Forums Trails & Bike Shops Photos Links Contact
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     CalendarCalendar  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Stewart vs. Jockey Hill - Current Conditions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> Trails
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bonkler

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:50 pm    Post subject: Stewart vs. Jockey Hill - Current Conditions Reply with quote

I just wanted to post something here today that would show my appreciation for anyone who has done trail maintenance at Jockey Hill this year - I got a rather frigid start to the season this past Friday eve over at Jockey and to say the least the trails were impeccable! I couldn't believe the lack of downed trees, branch or other debris that was notably absent from the 8 miles I rode. A little soupy in the lower areas, but nothing that couldn't be managed.

On the other side of things - Stewart was reportedly in critical condition - too much debris to ride at this time with any consistency. A riding buddy of mine mentioned that he tried to get some riding in off of Barron rd. last weekend and it was all but impassible. Mentioned that there is too much work to be done it seemed, and that several people with some serious chain saw or pole saw skills were going to be needed to breathe life back into them.
maddawg

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the darkhorse crew has logged many hours of trail work in the last few weeks to get stewart open and ride able again. not everything has been cleared but a good portion has.
if you see them working say thanks.
if you would like to volunteer give a call to the shop.
Bonkler

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddawg - thanks for the efforts. I truly appreciate, but only wanted to raise awareness, not criticize anyone's efforts. It was also second hand, but from someone I trust and ride with often.
maddawg

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no offense taken.
just figured i would get the word out that work has been going on and that a good portion of the trails are clear.

although after last night wind and rain we may need to start over.....
masterofnone

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trails on the northern end around orlando drive and the split connector trails between new road and ridge road are trashed. The trails in the rest of the park have had a massive amount of cleanup. After the storm they were barely cross country ski-able, the main roads looked like slolam courses for snowmobiles Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> Trails All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: