Find us on Facebook Follow FatsInTheCats on Twitter Follow our RSS News Feed
Home Membership Calendar Trail Building Forums Trails & Bike Shops Photos Links Contact
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     CalendarCalendar  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
ninham? anyone ride over there during the week?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> Group Rides
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rodney

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: ninham? anyone ride over there during the week? Reply with quote

hello all,

i am just getting back into riding after a long time away. i moved up to the kent area, and ninham is my backyard. i was just curious if i could meet up with some riders who frequent that area, before i step out into harder trails like blue mtn. anyone ride there frequently? this is the offseason for me, so i have more then enough time to kill and would like to start riding every day if possible. so, anyone up for watching a fish outta water flop around the trail?

chris
cobweb equipped jekyll 900
Tim845

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Between some Mad access issues and hunting season Ive been away from Ninham. I hear it calling me back now, maybe wed or thurs morning Question
huckup

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in CT during the week, so Blue or Ninham are possibilities for me. If you want to meet for a night ride, let me know. I would be happy to take some smoother trails a Blue some night if you are just getting back into the game. I don't know it real well, but since it is so close, I wouldn't mind exploring.

Kona King Kikapu deluxe
Groovy Hardtail SS 29er
Seven road bike
rodney

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry, i should not/can't ride at night. i do not have the equipment, nor do i think that is the best thing for me. i have all next week off, and plan to hit as many trails as possible Very Happy
trekkie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rodney wrote
Quote:
harder trails like blue mtn. anyone ride there frequently?

a least once a week
lots of sundays
been riding blue bout 10 years now, love this place has a little of everything. sweet xc and xs-drops and rollers Cool
come on down the group rides are the snizzle Exclamation

charlie
g60dude

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pedaler845 wrote:
Between some Mad access issues and hunting season Ive been away from Ninham. I hear it calling me back now, maybe wed or thurs morning Question

Are people still riding Ninham at this point, or are the access issues serious?

rodney

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="g60dude"]
Pedaler845 wrote:

Are people still riding Ninham at this point, or are the access issues serious?

what access issues? i have only been there a few times, but i don;t understand what you are referring to.

trekkie wrote:

come on down the group rides are the snizzle Exclamation

charlie

i wish i could get in on a group ride! i have been trying to sign up for wmba for 2+ weeks now. would be nice to go with a group, or hell someone else my first time there. there is a d00d that rides every day at lunch, i want to meet up with him. Shocked i am waiting for my brakes, but i still will go out now. i want to go tomorrow, the 8am ride, but i am unsure where everyone is meeting. Embarassed
g60dude

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rodney wrote:

what access issues? i have only been there a few times, but i don;t understand what you are referring to.

I'm not 100% sure either.......I knew there were those couple trails on the back side that went onto private property.....There were signs posted, but I never really had any problems.......I was wondering if people were having problems now.

mtbxtc

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The access problems started last summer where DEP or DEC I don't know which was patrolling the area and issuing tickets for trespassing.

Also some stunts where built on private land and the Gypsy trail land owners had a cow because of liability issues. They put a big fence across the trail on deer ear and posted signs saying falling trees keep out. they also dropped a tree across the trail.

On the tower side of things they are riding but lots of climbing. Some guys actually run a shuttle.
Tim845

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That tower side is damn fine too. We've got a scheme for next wknd there, any obvious changes of where to avoid? The Deer Ear spot seemed like an ok ride around in September.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> Group Rides All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: