Find us on Facebook Follow FatsInTheCats on Twitter Follow our RSS News Feed
Home Membership Calendar Trail Building Forums Trails & Bike Shops Photos Links Contact
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     CalendarCalendar  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
deore brake problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> Repair & Maintenance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bbianchi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:56 pm    Post subject: deore brake problem Reply with quote

a recent trail incident resulted in one of my deore hydraulic brake levers pulling out and away from the bar. i was able to shove the set/adjustment screw back in and make it home. at home i noticed that the adjustment screw had one washer and one clip washer riding free on the adjstment screw. i believe the washer and clip attach inside the lever mechanism so that the screw stays relatively close to the plunger inside the fluid reservoir. however, i cannot figure out how this is done. inspection of the other lever (the good one) reveals nothing to me. any ideas?

bruce
Kevin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bruce,

Go to this page:
http://techdocs.shimano.com/techdocs/index.jsp

Hover over the mountain components, and select Deore, Deore LX, or Deore XT. Once you get to the components page, find the model of brake that corresponds to yours, and you can download a PDF of an exploded diagram for the lever assembly.

-Kevin
bbianchi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kevin,

thanks, will do.

b
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> Repair & Maintenance All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: