Find us on Facebook Follow FatsInTheCats on Twitter Follow our RSS News Feed
Home Membership Calendar Trail Building Forums Trails & Bike Shops Photos Links Contact
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     CalendarCalendar  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
happy!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TriassicDoc
El Presidente

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:53 am    Post subject: happy! Reply with quote

I went and got my Trance yesterday!!!!! I am sooo bummed that I have an exam today... it's not until the afternoon, but there will be no playing until it is over. The suspension is nice and soft and should work for me now Smile (so, I won't bitch anymore!) I can now ignore the problems with my SS for a while, although I was starting to really like the beast!
[/img]
Jim Mac

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Singlespeed riding grows on you like a fungus!

My experience at 1st has been - "meh, I'm tired from standing up so much", but then you find yourself riding faster and better when you hop back on the geared bike - which in turn made me ride the SS even more!

What did you get done to your Trance?
TriassicDoc
El Presidente

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The question ought to be, "What *didn't* you get done on your Trance?"

Other than basic maintenance, I had the front shock cleaned out and a softer spring put into it and I had the rear shock sent out to Push to be rebuilt. Therein lies the rub, UPS kind of lost the rear shock and sent it back to Push when it was found, then Push didn't know they had it back, so it took a while to get back to NY. This is after I had the rear end of the frame replaced in the fall.

OH yeah, Billy said he used to ride in the Pine Bush all the time! John and I got slightly confused in the section in between the Pine Bush building [home of the future-retired PB stooge Joel Hecht--woo hoo--and the Pine Bush gestapo-Eagle Scout headquarters] and the boat house, but it gave us an extra workout. Sorry you missed the ride! Maybe Doug and I will do our single speed extravaganza weekly rides again this year! I am feeling very pumped for racing this year.
Jim Mac

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me know - I am down for riding the PB on SS. It's a good place to start the season (as opposed to my 1st time SS'ing at Pittstown, holy ratchet over the rocks, Batman!). I actually like those trails on that side as opposed to the Water Tower - I showed Johnnyru my 1 hour loop with some nice singletrack a few weeks ago, did you all hit that?
TriassicDoc
El Presidente

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I think we hit your 1-hr loop, but we made it into a 2-hr loop because we got stuck at the end. 2 weeks ago, Doug dragged me through the entire PB -- all 3 sections, including the revered Cemetery trail. I didn't have studded tires and that trail was a little snowy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: