Find us on Facebook Follow FatsInTheCats on Twitter Follow our RSS News Feed
Home Membership Calendar Trail Building Forums Trails & Bike Shops Photos Links Contact
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     CalendarCalendar  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
IMBA Weekend Events - Sept. 13 to 16

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slave2bacon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject: IMBA Weekend Events - Sept. 13 to 16 Reply with quote

Hey Everybody. The IMBA Trail Care Crew is coming to Hyde Park in September and Fats in the Cats are the hosts. We've got a full itinerary for the weekend full of rides, trail work, beer, BBQ, beer, rides, beer and bikes.

So mark your calendars and come on out.

The main event is on Saturday 9/15 and we want a big turnout from the club. Look for registration and more details coming to the website soon.

Schedule of events for IMBA Weekend:

Thursday 9/13:
  • 7:00 PM: Dinner and Social Event with Fats in the Cats and Jason and Anna the IMBA Trail Care Crew. Hyde Park Brewery Rt. 9 Hyde Park, NY.
Friday 9/14:
  • 6:00 PM: BBQ and Mountain Bike Mixer. Please BYO drinks and a dish to share. All are welcome. At Pete Nimmer’s house, 20 Hellbrook Lane, Ulster Park, NY, 12487. 917-655-5123.
Saturday 9/15:
  • 9:00 AM - 12:00 Noon: Trail building School classroom session at FDR Home in Bellefield building. Park at FDR Home main parking area, Rt. 9, Hyde Park, NY.

• 12:00 - 12:30 PM: Lunch for all volunteers provided by Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club.

• 12:30 - 3:30 PM: Trail building School field session. We will ride or walk to the work area. Bring hand tools, work gloves, sturdy shoes, water and snacks.

• 3:30 - 5:30 PM: Swag giveaway and group ride at Hyde Park Trails. Ride leaves from parking area immediately north of Hyde Park Brewing Company, Rt. 9, Hyde Park.

• 6:00 PM: Social Event, Dinner and beer at Hyde Park Brewing Company, 4076 Albany Post Road (Rt. 9) Hyde Park.
Sunday 9/16:
  • 10:00 AM: Group ride at Jockey Hill with Jason and Anna of IMBA. Meet at end of Jockey Hill road, Kingston, NY. Ride is 2+ hours on sweet singletrack. All levels of rider welcome.
g60dude

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the classes on Saturday, do we need to sign up somewhere, or just show up?

Sheking

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: IMBA Weekend Events - Sept. 13 to 16 Reply with quote

"The main event is on Saturday 9/15 and we want a big turnout from the club. Look for registration and more details coming to the website soon."
slave2bacon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Registration is for the Saturday Trailbuilding Class and trail work later that day. There is a limit of 45 people for that session and that's why signup is necessary. The other activities dont have a size limit, so just show up!
bike this

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds great. Looking forward to it.. Smile
BillB3
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check it out...

PDF with Schedule of Events, Directions & more... - http://www.fatsinthecats.com/pdf/IMBA_Info_Sheet.pdf
BillB3
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can now see who is already registered...

http://www.fatsinthecats.com/imbaregister.php
mergs

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey gang,

I just spoke to Greg Murray from down here in NJ (Pete and Suzanne, he says hello) and he spoke glowingly of your super fun trails up there. As its stands, I'm planning on coming up with a small group of riders for Sunday's ride at Jockey Hill. Based on Greg's description, I'm really looking forward to it!

Since I've already gone through Anna and Jasons fantastic presentation twice this year (once at South Mountain and another this past weekend in Wharton), I think I will save a seat and let one of the locals have it. Wink But rest assured, A and J do a kick ass job presenting sustainable trails and for those of you that havn't been present before, this is a not-to-miss event.

Good luck with your TCC weekend, and I hope to meet some of you on Sunday. Thanks for posting the event on our website. Please don't hesitate to contact us if we can help you in the future.

Jeff Mergler

p.s. Pete N.: do you remember guiding us about 3 years ago up in VT and NH ? Cool

Last edited by mergs on Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
slave2bacon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jeff - glad you plan to come up for Sunday's ride. The trails at Jockey Hill are worth the drive.

Were you with the Chris's group from NJ? I remember one night on that trip when the fire got real big and the next morning the neighbors in camp were complaining about someone stealing their firewood. But I'm sure that was not you, right?

Pete
mergs

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slave2bacon wrote:
Hey Jeff - glad you plan to come up for Sunday's ride. The trails at Jockey Hill are worth the drive.

Were you with the Chris's group from NJ? I remember one night on that trip when the fire got real big and the next morning the neighbors in camp were complaining about someone stealing their firewood. But I'm sure that was not you, right?

Pete

yes, that was us... it was my bachelor party weekend and things got a little nutty when the Maker's Mark came out (I have no recollection of firewood thievery however!). we did another trip to Slatyfork this year (for Chris' BP) and again it got a little nutty up there at the campground. Heather (the guide) was going shot for shot. Wink

here's a walk down memory lane: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=47281
Tim845

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parking is across from the trail head on 9 and North just 150 feet, look for the IMBA signs. Bellafield building is the large one with white columns in front.
After lunch Saturday you can bike in to the worksite on easy doubletrack 10 minutes....Or from the 9g side drive and then walk. Locking the bikes is probably overkill, they'll be fairly close.
Good stuff happening...
Wink
Tim845

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim845

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANKS TO ALL!!!!!
fjhilde

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Thanks and some IMBA Trail Care Crew pictures Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone who participated in the successful IMBA Trail Care Crew Visit. Special thanks to all the volunteers that helped make the event happen: Russell Thorpe, Pete Nimmer, Tim Kleeger, Rick Petes, Suzanne Brink, Dave Hayes, Karl Beard, Kathleen Davis, Craig Fury, Bill Baird and the IMBA reps Anna Laxague, Jason Wells, and Spencer Powlison, and everyone else who pitched in and congratulations to all the new Trail Care Crew Graduates! I posted some pics from the event: http://picasaweb.google.com/Frank.Hildenbrand.Jr/IMBATrailCareSept13162007?authkey=Sb2DEZxCOHU

Thanks again and ride on,
Frank

Last edited by fjhilde on Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
raybag

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job everybody, and thanks. Thanks especially to the Fats members who dedicated the time and effort to organize this great event.

Sorry I couldn't be there to help on Saturday (stupid job!) but I'm glad I got to meet Jason and Anna at the bbq, and again on the Sunday ride.

Very Happy Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: