Find us on Facebook Follow FatsInTheCats on Twitter Follow our RSS News Feed
Home Membership Calendar Trail Building Forums Trails & Bike Shops Photos Links Contact
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     CalendarCalendar  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
I have something to admit...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tom church

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:21 am    Post subject: I have something to admit... Reply with quote

I hate apple computers...I hate the OS that everyone loves...

I find the apple OS so clumsy and annoying that I cannot even use my wife's machine anymore. I can't really pinpoint exactly why but I just find windows computers so much easier to use and the OS to be more user friendly. I know this sounds nuts but it's true.

The last 2 versions of windows have been very stable (I haven't had any of my 3 PC's crash in years, 2 XP and one Vista). Security is pretty in check these days as well...especially since there have been a rash of apple vulnerabilities discovered in the past year or so. Vista is a great OS...I've been using it since it came out and I was using a beta before that. Easy to use...lots of nice features and stable. There where some driver issues for the first month or so two but those have been pretty much all cleared up now. And yes Vista took some ideas from apple and Linux but they also managed to implement them better...

I also hate the fact that apples cost do damn much...for what? A machine that you can't upgrade because it has so many proprietary parts? A name? Because it's white? I don't get it. Apple makes great gadgets, but their computers are overpriced and non-upgradeable...And the "better for graphics" argument is long gone...PC's have caught up and passes apple in that department...

I'll stick to building my own windows based computers...

Tom
Kevin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

with that

Wink
robdamanii

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll join you Tom. The only good Mac is one that dual boots windows.

Much greater software choice for PC, but you've got to love the power of a G5, right?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: