Find us on Facebook Follow FatsInTheCats on Twitter Follow our RSS News Feed
Home Membership Calendar Trail Building Forums Trails & Bike Shops Photos Links Contact
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     CalendarCalendar  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The Diablo Hike-a-Bike fest this past weekend

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tom church

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: The Diablo Hike-a-Bike fest this past weekend Reply with quote

So I went to Diablo for the last day the downhill season there and the annual jump contest that attracts some pretty big name pros. Got there and found that the lift would not be open because of the wind. They ended up refunding everyones money and allowing you to hike if you wanted. I huffed my 44lb downhill bike about halfway up and sessioned some jumps and drops on the way down. There where hundreds of people pushing bikes up this hill and hitting stuff. Some of the people who made it all the way up said it took almost an hour of hiking! It was fun but after my ride down I decided it was it and left. They canceled the jump contest and instead put on a small contest off the Phantom Drop at the base (a 10' drop that is smooth like butter!!! a real treat at the end of a run!!). Best pic of the day is this one!

a couple more from various websites!

g60dude

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That kinda sucks they closed down the chairlifts do to the wind............but the pix you posted looked like a pretty good time. What kind of jump do they have set up for the jump contest?

tom church

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was fun! They have a 2 trails called upper and lower dominion. Upper dominion has about 9 jumps that range from 5-10' high and 5-15' end to end on the top. There is also a step down on that trail. Lower dominion is where they hold the contest and that trail has 3 jumps abotu 10-15' high and 20-30' end to end on the top.

I can clear some of the smaller ones but thats it...I suck at jumps, I prefer the high speed rock gardens!!

Tom
Bawitdaba

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's Plattekill this weekend, Highland next...

Support our heros who have sacrificed for our nation
http://www.fallenheroesfund.org
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: