Find us on Facebook Follow FatsInTheCats on Twitter Follow our RSS News Feed
Home Membership Calendar Trail Building Forums Trails & Bike Shops Photos Links Contact
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     CalendarCalendar  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Kenda nevegal Wobble?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> Repair & Maintenance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ironbike1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject: Kenda nevegal Wobble? Reply with quote

I recently put a 2.35 nevegal on the front & ever since I have had a horrible wobble. I had it looked at by a bike shop & they said as long as the bead is locked in & the tire is seated straight it is fine to ride it. I still don't like it to much since I can see it wobble on a flat surface as I am riding it. The rim is 95% true so it is not coming from the rim. I also contacted Kenda to see what they would say & all they told me is that it is a normal thing to have with any tire.
I have never had this problem before so I am just curious to see what you all think?

Thanks
Aaron
bikejunkie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's seated on the rim, ride it. I don't think I've ever had a mtb tire run perfectly true on the steet. Even if it's a bad wobble, it won't matter on the trails. A few Tuesday rides at Jockey Hill and it will be sliced and diced anyway.
mtbxtc

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would double check to see if it is properly seated.

check to see of the bead is properly seated uniformly around the rim on both sides. sometimes the bead gets stuck and never really pops in. Higher pressures like 60 or so lbs tend to seat the bead.

Good luck.

The only other thing is that the tire is defective.
Tim845

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes the ring of the tire thats used as a visual alignment gauge lies~ it may only seem symmetrical. I'd get some sudsy water on the bead and inner rim and try seating it 1 more time. Then you'll know its mounted the best it can be and decide if you want to live with it.
Ironbike1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seated it about 10 times. A few times with sudsy water & a few times dry, some with 60+ lbs of pressure & others with 50. I pumped it up to 70lbs & left it over night aswell. The bead is uniform all the way around, atleast to my eye it is. It has me baffled, when I am on trails I don't notice it but if my tire is rotating on the flats or on a stand I hate to look at the wobble, plus I had someone come over to me & say somthing about the wobble. That meant to me it must be bad if someone could see it from a couple feet away.
When I talked to the kenda tech he was telling me that a wobble is normal but he would send me a new tire if I would send them mine forst so that they could inspect it for defects, then decide if they will send me a new one or the old one. That wasn't working for me though.
mtbxtc

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like you got a woobely tire.
Ironbike1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtbxtc wrote:
Seems like you got a woobely tire.

yeah I think so Rolling Eyes Very Happy

it bothers me but I don' think it will get to me that much that I will buy another $40 tire. I will just ride it until it is torn up.
mtbxtc

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can alway put it on the back that way you wouldn't see it Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Ironbike1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good thought, however I run a 2.1 on the rear & a 2.35 on the front.
mtbxtc

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant help you there

I run 2.35 both front and back
Ironbike1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is a preference I guess, I was told it is better for the conditions NY offers??
g60dude

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ironbike1 wrote:
it is a preference I guess, I was told it is better for the conditions NY offers??

Yeah, it's all definitely preference. I run now 2.1's front and rear..........For a while I was running a 2.1 in the front and a 2.25 in the back.............then I switched them up..........It's all what you feel most comfortable with

Ironbike1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

g60dude wrote:
Ironbike1 wrote:

Yeah, it's all definitely preference. I run now 2.1's front and rear..........For a while I was running a 2.1 in the front and a 2.25 in the back.............then I switched them up..........It's all what you feel most comfortable with

I never ran different sizes until last season when a friend told me about it. I needed a new front tire anyway so I bought the nevegal in the 2.35 & I continue to use my panaracer fire xc pro 2.1 in the rear.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> Repair & Maintenance All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: