Find us on Facebook Follow FatsInTheCats on Twitter Follow our RSS News Feed
Home Membership Calendar Trail Building Forums Trails & Bike Shops Photos Links Contact
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     CalendarCalendar  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Tour de Family - Cycle Saugerties 2007

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BillB3
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Tour de Family - Cycle Saugerties 2007 Reply with quote

Save the date for a fun-filled day of cycling on Sunday May 27, 2007 to benefit Family of Woodstock. This fundraiser to help the agency maintain its many programs, will include a Criterium Race around the Village of Saugerties, a Short Track Mountain Bike Race on a track around the HITS horse show property, three bicycle rides of 50, 25 and 10 miles, a walk around the Village of Saugerties, and numerous events on the grounds of HITS, including a Tyke Tryke race, bicycle safety instruction, health demos, and other booths of interest to the public.

http://www.familyofwoodstockinc.org/
Tim845

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent
I didnt see any info @ Family about the race...
g60dude

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard a few people talking about this.............I'll be heading up there for the day.......maybe even do a little racing..............All for a good cause

g60dude

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have any official information on this yet? Other than talk, I've see nothing......Sounds like it could be a pretty fun day..........Maybe they'd allow us to set up a Fats table

GoneToTheDogs?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been working with them in the initial planning of the event which will be held on Sunday May 27. Information and poster should be coming out shortly. In essence, this will be an annual fundraiser event for Family. It will be based at HITS. There will be casual rides on 3 routes around Saugerties, using the newly signed Bicycle Routes. A few weeks back, Billy, Christian, and I walked the HITS property in order to come up with a potential Short Track Race course, it should be sweet. They are also planning for a Road Crit in the village, a kids tryke race, bicycle safety seminar, injury prevention info, etc. Stay tuned.
bike this

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What exactly does the Family of Woodstock do Question
GoneToTheDogs?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In essence, here's a brief summary of what Family of Woodstock does as described on their website:

Family of Woodstock, Inc. is a multi-program human service agency providing services throughout Ulster County. Family's principle focuses are crisis intervention services -- Family runs the oldest continuously operating 24-hour a day emergency switchboard in the country, which is county-wide and toll free; and walk-in centers in Woodstock, New Paltz and Ellenville -- emergency shelter and food programs -- Family House, a 14-bed runaway and homeless youth facility; the Darmstadt Residence, a 19-bed shelter serving men, women and families; the Family Shelter, a 17-bed domestic violence shelter, for women and their children; and MidWay, two supervised living program sites for homeless adolescents -- dependent care programs -- the Seedling Child Development Center; the Seedling After School Program at Woodstock; Child Care Councils of Ulster and Columbia/Greene Counties; and Elder Care Services -- and case management services to such discreet populations as substance abusers, adolescents at the Ulster County Jail, homeless individuals and families, victims of domestic violence, as well as the general public. The agency provides non-residential services to victims of domestic violence through an advocate at the Family Court and to men with a problem with violence through the Evolve program. Family is also a lead agency in the development of HIV/AIDS services in Ulster County, providing groups and case management to those infected with the virus, caregivers, and those grieving the loss of loved ones to the disease. The goal of Family's programs is to enable people to achieve self-sufficiency and self-respect.
OMB-BillyD

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 12:45 am    Post subject: a good day to enjoy some sun! Reply with quote

Come on out and support a great local event with kids rides and safety demo, group road rides, and some awesome Mountain and Road bike racing. All are welcome. All proceeds and enrty fees are donated to Family of Woodstock. A great local organization that helps people in need all over our area. Dip your toes in some XC short track racing. It is fast and fun, and not very technical at all. If you wish not to race, bring some folks and enjoy watching the short track and crit events. They are great to watch. Lets make this day a success Very Happy
Kevin

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i will be there to watch probably. i'll bring my camera as well and try to get a few good picture Smile

-Kevin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: