Find us on Facebook Follow FatsInTheCats on Twitter Follow our RSS News Feed
Home Membership Calendar Trail Building Forums Trails & Bike Shops Photos Links Contact
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     CalendarCalendar  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Jockey Hill news

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Henrik

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:59 pm    Post subject: Jockey Hill news Reply with quote

Rode Jockey Hill this morning. Saw motorcycle tracks on Q-Man, Wintergreen and other trails. Definitely motorcycle, could see tracks and "torqued" trails. Also saw in action side by side 4 wheeler thing on the main road in there. When I returned to the lot, there was a sheriff walking someone out of the woods. He asked me where I had ridden. Also, not sure if because all the rain, it looks like some trails haven't been ridden much. Are there some access issues lately? I try to keep it Boy Scout when I'm in there.
Kevin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No access issues, and, glad to see the police up there.
raybag

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, actually.......
Today at the parking lot I ran into a guy from Callanans who was putting up Posted signs along the road. He said that they were shutting down access to their property and the signs were the first step.
We had a nice ride on the "traditional" Jockey trails and when we came out there was a Sherrifs deputy in the lot. He explained to us that most of the complaints were in reference to shooters but also the people who have fire pits and camp setups on the property. He personally had no problem with the cyclists, but enforcement would be across the board.
It looks like the immediate impact would be on the Parking Lot Trail, Kneecap 2, and maybe Close to the Edge. There is some question about the original Jockey Hill Road being a right of way so we need to look into that.
For now though, the deputy asked us to spread the word that they would be enforcing the No Trespassing status of the property.
Kevin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ray. I have reached out to the ranger tonight, and I will follow up as necessary with DEC tomorrow.

Just rode on Sunday, no issues at all so I am surprised!
Tim845

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info y'all, I'm due for some rocky Jockey
Kevin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just lay low for now everyone.

Please respect the new posted signs and find alternative routes to your favorite trails for the time being. And, if you're asked to leave, right or wrong, please oblige.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: