Find us on Facebook Follow FatsInTheCats on Twitter Follow our RSS News Feed
Home Membership Calendar Trail Building Forums Trails & Bike Shops Photos Links Contact
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     CalendarCalendar  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
First time posting? Introduce yourself here!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
donstone

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, new to the group. Don't have a fatbike yet (still on a 29er) but planning on pulling the trigger on one by Christmas. I'm just North of Albany, NY. Haven't been down into the Catskills to ride yet but definetly looking forward to heading down sometime soon. Do any of you travel North at all?
Just did the Colonie Shale Pit trails in Latham last weekend. Great workout on a pretty advanced technical trail.

Here's a few pics from the ride - Colonie Shale Pit Singletrack
GG
Veep

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! Hope to see you on the trails!
El Roberto

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:22 am    Post subject: Greetings Eartlings! Reply with quote

Greetings Earthlings!

Hey there, long time lurker/ observer, first time poster.

I live in Albany however I previously lived in Northern Dutchess and Columbia Counties for almost 20 years. I've been following the club/ forum and the adventures of Stinky for a long time, even while not riding, and have always found it very informative. I'm glad you didn't ditch the website & forum in favor of a FB only existence when that was debated a cpl months ago. (I almost registered just to chime in on that one.)

I would rate my skill level as intermediate and am more interested in having fun and enjoying being outdoors than setting new land speed records. (Although I daily commuted for 2 years across Albany and that was a different story.) Up here I ride the usual suspects of trails; Pine Bush, Colonie TP, Luther Forest etc. but I've also ridden Elm Ridge, Windham, Colgate Lake area. (I'm fairly familiar with that northern section of the Catskills but am not sure how I have avoided Round Top for this long.) Think this is the year that I get pretty serious about bikepacking ,either down there or up in the ADK's, as I've done a few overnights already but no multi-nights, yet.

Anyway, there's my long winded intro and I'm happy to have FINALLY joined the board. I'm not necessarily hardcore but I have a tremendous amount of respect for the club and it's level of advocacy, perseverance, and general cool vibe (and cool gear).

All the best
Rob
GG
Veep

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, Rob!

Glad you decided to post up! I think you'll find others who are interested in bikepacking and have tips and trip ideas to offer. Also, some of us downstaters may ask you for beta on your riding spots up north!
rossp

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdy folks. Westchester guy here - but venturing up to 909 and looking for a few tips (will post separately). I've definitely ridden with a few folks on here at different times at Blue etc., but haven't really ventured too far north - hopefully will change that a bit.

Cheers
Ross
Kevin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Ross!

Where do you prefer to ride in Westchester?
rossp

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ride all the main parks - Blue would be the choice, but Graham Hills is my go to due to proximity.
bike this

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 1:33 pm    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote

Hi , I'm Tom.. I like to ride bikes. Is this the right place.?? What time is the Stewart ride tomorrow.? And are there hills.??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19
Page 19 of 19

Jump to: