Find us on Facebook Follow FatsInTheCats on Twitter Follow our RSS News Feed
Home Membership Calendar Trail Building Forums Trails & Bike Shops Photos Links Contact
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     CalendarCalendar  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
New Paltz Bike Swap is May 16th

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slave2bacon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:43 pm    Post subject: New Paltz Bike Swap is May 16th Reply with quote

The 2015 New Paltz Bike Swap is Saturday May 16th at the New Paltz Middle School in New Paltz NY from 10 AM to 2 PM!

This is our 8th year and we expect several hundred attendees and dozens of vendors.

THIS IS THE BIGGEST FUND RAISER FOR FATS IN THE CATS. Please come out to volunteer, buy or sell bikes, and help boost the local bike community.

There will be bikes, bike parts, apparel and more on sale. Last year we sold dozens and dozens of bikes including mountain, road, vintage, fixies, trials, kids and cruisers. There are many tables of bike parts and bike stuff for sale and you never know what bikey stuff you will find. It�s a fun event that is free to everyone and open to the public. Check our website for all the details at www.newpaltzbikeswap.com. Or see tons of photos on Facebook (search for New Paltz Bike Swap).

Come with items to sell. You can turn new or used bikes or parts into cash or trade with others.

This event is the main way this group generates funds to support cycling advocacy and trails in the Hudson Valley. The club gets 20% of items sold as a donation so please mark your items accordingly. Vendor check in starts at 9 AM. Doors open from 10 to 2 PM. Come out and see what treasures you can buy or sell.

Come early for the best selection

We need volunteers before and during the event. Email Pete at [email protected] to get involved.

More details at http://newpaltzbikeswap.com/
jamesframes

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Gang!

Please reach out to Mr. Slave2Bacon if you are planning to volunteer. Again, this is very easy way to build the bike karma and is much needed and appreciated.

Wrenching/Tagging Party will be Thursday May 14th @ 530 p.m. @ 107 Jenkinstown Road New Paltz NY. Please PM me if you plan to attend this event.

Support your LBS-Bicycle Depot New Paltz NY
slave2bacon

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone wants to volunteer for the Bike Swap please PM me. Or come to the swap on May 16th.

We need volunteers to help match people and bikes, work on bikes the day of the Swap, and greet/orient visitors.

Volunteers get pizza and drinks, and can be an important part of building our local bike community.

Or just come out to buy and sell. We are going to have an epic amount of bikes to buy this year.

See you at the swap!
slave2bacon

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Fatties. Do you want to get involved with the 2015 bike swap on May 16th from 10 to 2? The volunteers are the only reason we can do the swap, and every one of you is important to the success of this year�s event. If you can be a volunteer this year we would love to have you.

The swap is at the New Paltz Middle School .

� The swap runs from 10 AM to 2 PM. If you'd like to volunteer, please be there between 8:30 to 9:00 to help with setup as morning has the most traffic. We will take whatever time you can give. It takes about 1 hr to break down after the swap and hopefully some folks can stay until about 3 PM. Thank you in advance for dedicating your precious Saturday to the cause.
� Please wear your FITC shirt if you have one. We will have shirts and name tags for volunteers the day of.
� Please park in the main parking lot farthest away from the Middle School (the lot gets quite full) or in the lot on the other side of the Middle School. Map of the venue is here: http://www.newpaltzbikeswap.com/location.php.
� We will provide pizza and drinks for volunteers. But you may want to bring a few snacks of your own.
� We will train volunteers the day of. All you need to do is show up.
� If you have road side signs for the swap please put them out and take them down after the swap.

Also, there is a wrenching party on Thursday 5/14 starting at 5:30 to tag items and get bikes ready for the swap. The party is at 107 Jenkinstown Road, New Paltz, NY (Chrissy and Jamie's house). Please bring a bike stand and tools if you have them. We can provide volunteer training this night as well. And volunteers get first crack at items and bikes.

Thanks!
jamesframes

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have like 30 bikes in my barn for sale!

Included in the mix is a Kona Stinky Deluxe (s), a carbon Stumpjumper 29er (s), and a carbon Stumpjumper evo 29er (M)!!!!

TriassicDoc
El Presidente

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweet! I know someone who might be interested in the carbon stumpy Smile
masterofnone

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be able to make it this year. I have a couple bikes and some parts to sell.
Sunie D

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will be there, although only able to do 9-12 this year due to other obligations.
jamesframes

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over 40 bikes just in my barn! This is getting scary.

We will need bike stands, tools, and all hands on deck for this wrenching party.

GG
Veep

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

remember...Stinky buys the pizza for the wrenching party! BYOIPA
jamesframes

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TODAY!

jamesframes

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow another Bike Swap is in the books! The rain moved out and gave us sunny skies all day. With DJ Quilty on the mic, the stage was set to sell some bikes and raise some funds.

This event is awesome-it is the best bike people party and no one is in smelly tights. Overlook Cycles and Bicycle Depot raised the bar bringing many very nice bikes. When the smoke and Huffys cleared-the club did very well and broke last year's record!

A huge thank you to all of the Fats members who came out yesterday to volunteer, sell, and buy. This is a big event that does not happen without you. A special thanks to Pat and Timely Signs for their van use and new signage that really classed up the event. Thanks!

slave2bacon

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to all the volunteers that came out to the Bike Swap! and everyone that participated.

Jamie, Chrissy, Sue, Andreas, Craig, Sam, Neil, Erik, Cara, Pat, Heather, John, Tim Q, Matt A, Rick, Rob, Michelle, Dave P. and the crew from Habitat for Humanity, Overlook Mtn Bikes, Bike Depot (and anyone else I forgot to mention) - you all rock and made this event the biggest ever.

The swap was 50% bigger than 2014! We sold over 200 bikes and generated a tremendous amount of bike love.

The funds raised will help the Fats continue to make new trails, keep trails open for bikes and continue to advocate for new places to ride.

Thanks one and all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: