Find us on Facebook Follow FatsInTheCats on Twitter Follow our RSS News Feed
Home Membership Calendar Trail Building Forums Trails & Bike Shops Photos Links Contact
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     CalendarCalendar  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
So...I broke a bone in my hand

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ProfessorCracker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:48 pm    Post subject: So...I broke a bone in my hand Reply with quote

Finally feeling race ready. Wattage was up, weight was down. Having fun on the bike.
Stupidly, i was doing lawn work and my lawnmower bite me! Deep laceration, stitches and I broke a bone (large bone in thumb). I meet with the Orthopedist on Tuesday. I was curious if there is a way to convince them to use a splint or a cast that can get wet? I need to be able to keep riding at least road. Was really looking forward to the rest of the season and then Cross racing. Not that i was thinking of off road or racing for the next 6 or so weeks just want to try to stay on the bike (road) Anyone have any experience or info about this?
On another note, anyone know a product liability lawyer?
jamesframes

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

That sounds terribly unpleasant-sorry to hear. From now on, hire a neighborhood kid for the lawn.

Support your LBS-Bicycle Depot New Paltz NY
GG
Veep

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

So sorry to hear that!!! Heal fast and learn to love that road bike! Do you have a trainer?
ProfessorCracker

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, small children heal faster. Plus they are cheap.

yeah i'm setting up my winter bike to get the position i need to stay modestly comfortable. I was on the trainer last night and it suuuuuuuuuuuuuucks!

does anyone know a Orthopedic who specializes in sports recovery?

Thanks!
Alex
Richard

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I broke my thumb into many pieces a few years ago and the surgeon I used from Orthopedic Associates of Dutchess County was willing to make a cast around a spare set of road bars I had so I could ride during the recovery. He took a don't fall or else attitude, but did the deed. Interview the surgeons and see who will do the work. I can't (sorry) remember his name, though. Pretty sure MTB would be out, though. Too much shock.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: