Find us on Facebook Follow FatsInTheCats on Twitter Follow our RSS News Feed
Home Membership Calendar Trail Building Forums Trails & Bike Shops Photos Links Contact
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     CalendarCalendar  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Illinois Mt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> Trails
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tim845

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:36 am    Post subject: Illinois Mt Reply with quote

Scenic Hudson has updated their website to include Illinois Mt & a new map:
http://www.scenichudson.org/parks/illinoismountain
"... it has been said that this site is not about the destination but the journey itself..."

Looking forward to resuming trail building up there. More news coming.
owen1388

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:47 pm    Post subject: Illinois Reply with quote

Looking forward to working up there! Excited to see what the yellow trail will be like.

If anyone is wondering, Illinois has handled all this thawing and rain pretty well. It drains really well and is rocky enough to handle some bikes. There are definitely some muddy sections that need to be walked though. I have raked the white trail and the lower half of the blue trail so they are navigable. If you dont have your trail legs on yet, the climb up to the radio tower is perfect for some spring training! there is a good spot to throw up about halfway.
Tim845

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help raking... Did you take Davies Hardware up on the free rake offer?

The Yellow is going to be a great addition to HV trails, for sure.

I have to mention that the climb to the tower is a touchy subject. It is not currently signed this way, but it is private property up there. This is some of the particulars behind the stalled trail building up there.
masterofnone

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, I like the potential of this place and hope the trail itinerary blossoms there. The blue trail has a few tricky techy spots, just the way I like it! I'm looking forward to some more trailwork days and lots of riding there.
Tim845

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look for a workday coming up soon! "Yellow" trail is on the way!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> Trails All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: