Find us on Facebook Follow FatsInTheCats on Twitter Follow our RSS News Feed
Home Membership Calendar Trail Building Forums Trails & Bike Shops Photos Links Contact
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     CalendarCalendar  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
October 15th Round Top Ride......Great Ride

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> Group Rides
View previous topic :: View next topic  
g60dude

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: October 15th Round Top Ride......Great Ride Reply with quote

Just wanted to say it was a great ride with the help of Mike Henry leading a real nice loop of some sweet techincal single track some fast downhills and some good climbing. Hope everyone had a good time. Very Happy

raybag

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sentiments exactly! A good time was had by all and the after ride food was great. (especially the last two dogs on the grill!)

Thanks for setting this up Greg and thanks to Mike Henry for a great route.
Chico2000

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Roundtop Reply with quote

I found this site through bikerag.com
cool site. I wish I could join Fats in the Cats, but I live in albany County.
can you tell me a bit about the trails in Roundtop?
I know where Cairo is and I've hiked some trails in Roundtop but I'm not sure where you guys ride.
Do you allow non-members to join in on rides? I need to get back in shape but would love to find a group to ride with.
Thanks.
BillB3
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A great ride indeed, amazing how much riding there is up there. Greg & Mike -- Thanks for organizing & hosting.
Chico2000

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Hello, hello? Reply with quote

I posted with some questions about the club and about Roundtop a few days ago but nobody responded.
Either nobody noticed or Cats don't want to reveal riding spots or get new members.
I hope it's not the latter b/c mtn bikers are usually a good lot of people.
I guess if nobody responds I'll just go down to Roundtop, check out the two resort areas and figure it out for myself. ALthough I'd prefer riding in a group so I don't get lost and become a black bear's breakfast.
g60dude

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Hello, hello? Reply with quote

Chico2000 wrote:
I posted with some questions about the club and about Roundtop a few days ago but nobody responded.
Either nobody noticed or Cats don't want to reveal riding spots or get new members.
I hope it's not the latter b/c mtn bikers are usually a good lot of people.
I guess if nobody responds I'll just go down to Roundtop, check out the two resort areas and figure it out for myself. ALthough I'd prefer riding in a group so I don't get lost and become a black bear's breakfast.

Group riding is definitely always more fun. This ride that was just spoken about was a very laid back casual ride open to all skill levels. There is a group ride on Wednesday nights (lights required) but its not Fats sponsored and is more on the intermediate ride side. Everyone is welcome, but just expect a little bit faster pace. There are quite a few trails up in Roundtop, but they are scattered throughout the roads and private land. I don't know if there is a map of the trails. The two resort areas (Winter Clove and Reidelbaurs) both hosted races this year. The trails are getting a little leaf covered now, but for the most part you can still make them out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> Group Rides All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: