Find us on Facebook Follow FatsInTheCats on Twitter Follow our RSS News Feed
Home Membership Calendar Trail Building Forums Trails & Bike Shops Photos Links Contact
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     CalendarCalendar  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Lake george mtb trails????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Berto

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Lake george mtb trails???? Reply with quote

Going to lake george in two weeks styin in lake george rv park, where are the sick mtb trails i. The area looking for flowy awesome 2-5 hour ride

Thanks!
bike this

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read a few years ago in Mountain Bike magazine about a trail that runs along the Easterly side of the Lake....and it sounded pretty sick. Lots of techi parts, but also some old jeep trails. It has been on my bucket list of places to check out.
Henrik

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing "flowy" anywhere near Lake George. Best bet is SMBA to the south in Saratoga. Wouldn't consider that flowy at all though. You can ride up Prospect Mtn in LG on trails starting under the Northway. Big climb, but can scream down the paved road once you reach the top. After closing that is.
East side Lake George has all kinds of stuff; Shelving Rock, Black Mountain, Sleeping Beauty, etc. via Dacy Clearing. Serious stuff. Bring map, and water, and time. Try Rick's Bike Shop in Queensbury for other options. I haven't lived up there in long time, not sure what's new.
TriassicDoc
El Presidente

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might also want to check out Garnet Hill--I went snowshoeing up there last winter. There is a trail fee, but the trails are amazing.

If you are up for climbing, Spier Falls/Moreau has it.
BillZekas

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We cross-country ski at Garnet Hill every winter, cuz it's awesome for that. I've seen they have mountain biking but always wondered if the trails were any good and how much there was. Couldn't tell with all the snow. So they're that good, huh? How much riding is there?
TriassicDoc
El Presidente

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never been, but I've talked to people who have gone and it sounds worthwhile--the new owners apparently put a lot of time and $ into the place, but I haven't been there so I personally do not know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: