Find us on Facebook Follow FatsInTheCats on Twitter Follow our RSS News Feed
Home Membership Calendar Trail Building Forums Trails & Bike Shops Photos Links Contact
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     CalendarCalendar  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
March 14th - Monthly Fats meeting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
g60dude

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: March 14th - Monthly Fats meeting Reply with quote

Just wanted to throw an invite to everyone for our monthly Fats in the Cats meeting. This is the first meeting of the year so alot will be discussed. We usually have a great laidback turnout. The infamous Vermont Trip, rides and BBQ's, events, trail maintance, all will be discussed. If you are interested in joining, want to see what we are about, maybe purchase a cool Fats in the Cats jersey or jacket, socks, or t-shirt. So come on out, have a couple of "beverages" with other mtn bike heads..........Hope to see you Very Happy Oh yeah, it probably would help to know where it's held. 6:30pm at ............ http://www.keeganales.com

g60dude

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just over a week away.............Hope to see you there Very Happy

Kevin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See you there Greg!
Forest_biker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Car Pool?? Reply with quote

I was wondering if anyone in the Poughkeepsie/Hyde Park area who wants to attend the meeting would like to car pool there?

Maybe we could meet up at the Hyde Park trailhead or elsewhere leave a few cars and go from there?

I'd be happy to drive, if you want the pleasure of riding in a 89 Plymouth Reliant filled with a fine coating of sawdust, or I'll buy the driver a pint when we arrive.

I've never been to Keegan's yet and don't know how long it will take to get there at that time, but I've seen the directions on their site.

Whatta think?
(I might also be doing a spring cleaning on the car before then.)
g60dude

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Forest Biker

I dont need a ride, but just wanted to tell you time wise, from the Hyde Park Brewery it will probably take 25-30 minutes.....tops......... to get to Keegan Ales.

Forest_biker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Car Pool?? Reply with quote

Forest_biker wrote:
I was wondering if anyone in the Poughkeepsie/Hyde Park area who wants to attend the meeting would like to car pool there?

Sorry to cancel this offer to all you Plymouth fans out there.

It looks like this cat has found a pool. Wink
Tim845

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SEE YOU THERE
jamesframes

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

new profile pic yeah- track stand!-see ya tonight

Support your LBS-Bicycle Depot New Paltz NY
Kevin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice meeting everyone...it's going to be a great season!

Kevin
Tim845

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something I'd meant to bring up at the meeting, we've touched on it, and I heard stickers were ordered...(I'm hoping they've got the .com address).
Also how about some brochures or something in the bikeshops? For the shops walls, how much would a glossy placemat size cost? I picture some club info, some trail systems, club ride time, and the web address.
Obviously Im into the site! Cool
g60dude

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pedaler845 wrote:
Something I'd meant to bring up at the meeting, we've touched on it, and I heard stickers were ordered...(I'm hoping they've got the .com address).
Also how about some brochures or something in the bikeshops? For the shops walls, how much would a glossy placemat size cost? I picture some club info, some trail systems, club ride time, and the web address.
Obviously Im into the site! Cool

Stickers were ordered, but we actually went with the previous style run. They should be here anyday. Regarding brochures, I totally agree. Color, Glossy, web address, some pix and club info, all need to be on there. We need to get something out there. Im thinking if we keep them to a 4 x 6 or a 5 x7, we will have a better chance of having the shops keep them on their counters. Also, just by seeing other organizations, events, etc, having their brochures everywhere, Id imagine they can't be too expensive

Tim845

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I'd like to see the old style updated with the .com address ~they do end up on cars @ trailheads and are great visibility for the club.
I'd like to see the new batch recycled, used for coasters, whatever, but out of circulation.
Wink
lilmort

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:28 pm    Post subject: Monthly Fats Meeting - March 14 Reply with quote

Brochures and/or posters would definatley be an asset. I've spkoken to the Director at the Hertitage Visitors Center and she said she'd love to have some on hand as people who stop in or visit always ask about the biking in this area. It costs money but in the end it would be worth it.
raybag

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pedaler845 wrote:
Personally I'd like to see the old style updated with the .com address ~they do end up on cars @ trailheads and are great visibility for the club.
I'd like to see the new batch recycled, used for coasters, whatever, but out of circulation.
Wink

No Tim, they will not be pulled out of circulation. This is money the club has already spent and it is still a good sticker. If having the website on it means that much to you I can always drop them off for you and you can Sharpie 250 stickers with www.fatsinthecats.com

And it seems to me that you have a lot of interest in this so I would suggest you contact Rusell and volunter to be the Lead for the next batch of stickers we make. You can design them, get price quotes, add the website, get club approval for the final artwork, and then order them with your credit card, as I did.

And, in my humble opinion, I think a full color brochure is much more important at this time anyway. Our bumperstickers are going to be seen by more fat ladies in Hummers than actual cyclists whereas brochures would be put in bike shops all through the Hudson Valley. And you know who goes in there right? Yup, cyclists! We may find that nice ones can cost more than we think but in the long run I think it's worth it. I'm not sure if Russell is going to Lead this or Greg, but either way I would be happy to help.

Whattya say??
Tim845

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The old design is certainly good, Ive got one on my car and a bike.
If I'm nominated to Sticker-man, I'll step up to it.
GoneToTheDogs?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: Posters, Brochures, Stickers Reply with quote

We have had some previous discussion on the Poster idea for Local Bike Shops. Are any of the posters that were done circa 2003 still out there? I recall that Erik had some ideas and had done some research on a new poster. At our next meeting we should formalize a committee to work together to develop a new Poster, Fliers, Brochure for review, as well as some ideas for next-generation stickers for when we need a new batch.

Russell
raybag

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe there is still one of our old posters hanging in Overlook Mtn Bikes but even that needs some major updating. Believe it or not I just threw away the poster we made for the ill-fated Poker Ride!!

I think it's a great idea to put a committee together for this. It's time for us to have a presence in the bike shops again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: