Find us on Facebook Follow FatsInTheCats on Twitter Follow our RSS News Feed
Home Membership Calendar Trail Building Forums Trails & Bike Shops Photos Links Contact
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     CalendarCalendar  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Dr Huckup's cure for the blues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
huckup

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:11 pm    Post subject: Dr Huckup's cure for the blues Reply with quote

Lately I have been hearing a lot of lamenting from my fellow riders regarding the lack of seat time due to the weather. The symptoms of listlessness, irritability and dark thoughts (you know, thinking of how sharp the knives in the drawer are, or how high the Rhinecliff bridge is... ) can be pervasive and all consuming. So before you sit down to watch that re-run of the Sopranos (and get yerself a gun) consider the following cure: Get out and ride! I know, I know, where to ride Question Question Well, I've got the beta. It's a five mile uphill climb sure to put pressure on the old pudendal arteries, and get those atrophic strings hanging from your hips (yes, your legs, remember those once muscular appendages?) back in working order.

Here's the ride... Get your self to Woodstock and find a place to park between the protesters and the wide waddling Manhattanites eating ice cream. Mount your steed, and proceed up Meads mountain Road. This will get your legs warmed up. When you get to the Church of the Transfiguration, make a magnetic left, head through the gates (not the pearly ones) and start the real climb up overlook. The road is plowed and great for riding. You can get all the way to the Hotel (where it is alleged Keegan's will eventually set up shop and serve beer).

Now there are those naysayers who will say that this is not technical, and they are correct. But it is still fun, and gets you in the woods. You can choose to do what any self-respecting Ulster red neck would do and stay home, drink too much beer, flip the dog, beat the wife, and then take your ATV out on the trails- (as a health care provider, I DO NOT advocate any of the proceeding, unless of course the dog is consenting). I did this ride today, and it was heaps of fun.

Let's all try to beat these blues together. Post your winter ride ideas so we can all throw out our Effexor, and get out and ride. And remember, your body is only an animal you live in Exclamation Exclamation

Kona King Kikapu deluxe
Groovy Hardtail SS 29er
Seven road bike
Tim845

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ricks riding tomorrow in HP starting @ 4am; he may need medical help but he will be trail riding.
I've got over 100 miles of trail riding this month.
Im putting my green slicks on for the parade tomorrow, and I'll leave them on the ht for road jaunts.
I'd like to do some climbing in Woodstock, and the beer @ the top sounds good, except for the descending afterwards part where beer goggles make 50 mph seem 5. I look forward to the dirt road up overlook being ice free, I assume thats not clear?
raybag

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Dr. Huckup,

Please forward me the name of the dog. Quickly!

Lonely in Shokan
smiley

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Doctor Huckup,
Thanks for the great suggestion. The beatings are getting old.
Signed,
Swollen in Shokan
Kevin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dog flipper!

Last edited by Kevin on Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
huckup

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohhh, young Kevin Young. Don't be so quick to judge your brethren. You haven't yet experienced the sublime love a man can have for an animal...

Kona King Kikapu deluxe
Groovy Hardtail SS 29er
Seven road bike
Kevin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poo, you owned me on the ninja edit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: