Find us on Facebook Follow FatsInTheCats on Twitter Follow our RSS News Feed
Home Membership Calendar Trail Building Forums Trails & Bike Shops Photos Links Contact
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     CalendarCalendar  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Dark Horse Cleanup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> Trails
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bike this

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject: Dark Horse Cleanup Reply with quote

I was checking out the Dark Horse website. And he's (George) is
having a cleanup at Stewart "Buffer". It seems the date is for one
of the weekends in early March. And is looking for some volunteers to pick trash, and other great finds. It might be nice for us to show a few
faces and help him out. I remember him helping us out around the
holidays. I say us , because I will join at the next meeting Razz
Just a little heads up, to help our fellow bikers, and clean an area
that is so vital to our area, and our sport..Laughing
Tim845

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Planning on it. I'm hoping with these forums up we can get the word out for events better and increase turn out Exclamation
g60dude

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I emailed George............I'll help out March 11th if thats the weekend he decides to have it. He was mentioning March 4th, but I'll be up in Toronto watching indoor mtn bike / bmx racing and see some of the newest gear at the International Bike Show.

GoneToTheDogs?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Stewart State Forest Clean Up Day Reply with quote

Here are the details at this point in time. The following went out to members via e-mail Fats e-News on Feb 17. If you didn't get it, either your're not a member of Fats in the Cats yet, you didn't read your e-mail, or you need to get me your correct e-mail address. Some things are sent out by e-mail to members because not everyone is a reader of the Forums at this point in time. Maybe some other goodies also. Another benefit of Membership!

Russell

Stewart State Forest Clean Up Day

George from Dark Horse Cycles is planning on doing a garbage pickup day at Stewart State Forest probably on March 11th (weather dependent, time and date will be confirmed). Garbage bags will be provided, and zones will be assigned to each group of volunteers. One group will drive in from Barron Road, and the second group from Weed road. All you need to do is bring gloves, and a positive attitude. The garbage will be dropped off at the ranger shed for the DEC to pick up. Dark Horse Cycles is also providing a post collection BBQ, with all participants welcome to attend. This is a great way to show the DEC, and general public that mountain bikers have a vested interest in keeping the preserve in a pristine state. If you want to participate, either email [email protected] or call George, at 778-6604. He needs to submit a list of names, preferably with social security numbers, to the DEC in order for volunteers be covered under Workman's Comp. by the State of NY.
robdamanii

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh. That's a Sunday, isn't it?

If it wasn't the day after my birthday and a Sunday, I'd be game for it. I try to pick up any trash I see on the trail as I'm riding though...Ill feel good about that.
bike this

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have an e-mail, but I'm not a member yet....sorry about
the repeat in info.... Embarassed Embarassed
g60dude

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bike this wrote:
I do have an e-mail, but I'm not a member yet....sorry about
the repeat in info.... Embarassed Embarassed

It wasn't repeat info dude..............It was a good reminder for us, especially me Smile .... With me emailing George, he responded and said it will be the 11th , but the confirmed details and location on where to meet will be on his website in the next week or so

Last edited by g60dude on Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:42 am; edited 2 times in total
Tim845

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember when I could ride at Stewart just about whenever...could be a month Cool
GoneToTheDogs?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: Stewart State Forest Reply with quote

George of Dark Horse Cycles has the following update with confirmed date. If you really want to support as many of our sponsors as you can in one day...help cleanup the parking areas at Stewart, then drive to Kingston to ride in the parade with the Keegan's float. Russell

The Garbage pick up day at Stewart State Forest is March 11th. We are trying to get everyone together around 9 am. We will figure out who will meet where as soon as a roster is established, and I have a reasonable head count. We will provide garbage bags and arrange for trucks to ferry everyone around. Some of us will walk a ways on the trail, but mostly we will be looking at the parking areas. Figure somewhere around 2 hours in there, and then a drop off at the ranger shed for the DEC to pick up the garbage. If there's still snow on the ground, or it rains, we go to plan B....right now I don't have a plan B...I'm optimistic! As a show of appreciation for your efforts, everyone is invited back to the shop where I and another member of my posse will BBQ for you along with a bottle of Keegan's or 12!!!!! I really need a head count, and I appreciate the effort and support of everyone who has expressed an interest in preserving the Buffer for future use. Please email me at [email protected] or call me at 778-6604 so I can fill out the proper forms for the DEC. See you guys over there! George
GoneToTheDogs?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

George has confirmed the Stewart cleanup for Sunday March 11 beggining at 9am. Two meeting spots, either at his shop Dark Horse Cycles at 2294 Route 208, Montgomery or at the Barron Road entrance to Stewart. Please just contact Dark Horse at [email protected] or call me at 778-6604 to let George know you are coming (he has to know how much food/drink to order). Expect about 2 hours of cleanup before he rewards volunteers with food and beverages at his shop.
GoneToTheDogs?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update from George (and special thanks to club members who expressed interested in supporting this effort at Stewart!

March 11th garbage pick up day at Stewart State Forest update....Still a lot of snow and ice on the ground. The forecast for this coming week is cold and then colder with a possible something on Wednesday. I will be checking the ground cover, and will make a decision by Wednesday. In the event we don't get it in...no big deal...the garbage will keep, and we'll reschedule. Check back here for updates, and thanks for all the interest and support. Special thanks for all the support from Fats in the Cats up in Kingston www.fatsinthecats.com See ya'...

http://www.darkhorsecycles.com/upcomming.html
bike this

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the pick up was cancelled........
But there's still garbage in our future.....another day.
raybag

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since this cleanup is cancelled let's have some more folks show up at the Kingston St. Pats parade to help out one of our other sponsors, Keegan Ales. As pointed out in another thread a good time is guaranteed!! Very Happy
bike this

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I have to work in Fishkill at noon. That's why Stewart would
have worked out for me. Sounds like too much fun though. And I've never been "in" a parade before. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> Trails All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: