Find us on Facebook Follow FatsInTheCats on Twitter Follow our RSS News Feed
Home Membership Calendar Trail Building Forums Trails & Bike Shops Photos Links Contact
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     CalendarCalendar  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Azonic outlaws

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> Repair & Maintenance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikemarzano

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:02 pm    Post subject: Azonic outlaws Reply with quote

Anyone own these or have owened these that can give me feedback on things to be careful off?

Got a set today and love them so far a bit heavy but its all good.

mike

=----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yes dear i do need another bike"
Kevin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been riding them on a rigid exclusively for about 3 years. Some descents get pretty rough, I slam them on rocks and logs, and yet they pull through for me every time. However, mine are a 36 spoke version, and I believe that the new ones are 32. Run some fat tires on them if your frame can take it.

The only thing to keep an eye on are the cones loosening up...the things that unscrew for the thruaxle conversion.

Can hardly see the rims, but they're there:

bike this

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rode with them on My Kona Stinky, and even raced a bit with them. Not one problem at all. I was even into looking to get another set for my new bike. For the $$$ you can't go wrong..
mikemarzano

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:39 am    Post subject: azonics Reply with quote

SWEET! this is what i wanted to hear. I Ride a voodoo wanga with 120mm rockshock in the frt and 2.25 nevegals for treads so i think im set. thanks for the feedback dudes!

Mike

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Extra parts are like extra bullets"
tom church

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid DH/FR wheels for sure. A bunch of the guys at my shop run them. They usually last between 2-3 months but these guys destroy just about anything...Anthony destroyed his DeeMAX wheels in 2 rides and Gus and Becky go through about 2-3 sets of Alex wheels a season.

Tom
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> Repair & Maintenance All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: