Find us on Facebook Follow FatsInTheCats on Twitter Follow our RSS News Feed
Home Membership Calendar Trail Building Forums Trails & Bike Shops Photos Links Contact
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     CalendarCalendar  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Manitou R7 Comp?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> Repair & Maintenance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SloJoe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:38 pm    Post subject: Manitou R7 Comp? Reply with quote

A buddy of mine suggested that I post on here. I'm from upstate NY not really from the Cats, but anyway here is the question. I bought a used Fetish Discipline recently and it came with a Manitou R7 Comp on it. I haven't been able to find any info on it. Does anyone have any info? I was thinking of swapping the fork to my Cannondale F4. which has a Headshok on it, just to see how it feels. I'm thinking about putting a Fox F100 on it, but a friend suggested trying the Manitou. Any input or info?
Riceball

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Joe....
I have had many Manitou forks in the twenty years I have been mountain biking. I would have another in a second. Tried my first Marzochhi and would prefer my Manitou Black back. Try the Manitou, but maybe have it checked out if it doesn't feel right.
SloJoe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your input! I've ridden the fork a few times and it doesn't leak and seems to be in good working condition. I just haven't really found any information on the fork. I'd like to get a new sticker kit for it because its pretty ragedy looking.
Riceball

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Joe...
some useful links for you:

http://www.mtbr.com/cat/older-categories-bikes/2006-front-shocks/manitou/r7/PRD_365205_1546crx.aspx

http://www.manitoumtb.com/index.php?page=support
SloJoe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know I looked on mtbr but I couldn't find a thing! I really do suck at searching. The Manitou link to the fork manual is great! Thanks Riceball! Now comes the process of taking the headshok off the Cdale and throwing on the Manitou!
Riceball

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my Google skills are more than adequate Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> Repair & Maintenance All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: