Find us on Facebook Follow FatsInTheCats on Twitter Follow our RSS News Feed
Home Membership Calendar Trail Building Forums Trails & Bike Shops Photos Links Contact
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     CalendarCalendar  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
No rides at Ferncliffe anymore?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> Group Rides
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robdamanii

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:37 pm    Post subject: No rides at Ferncliffe anymore? Reply with quote

Rode there yesterday. Trails look like they've been unridden for a while. Kind of rough shape in places.

No riding there much?
bike this

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a pretty popular spot during hunting season. I will be there soon to clean things up.
robdamanii

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bike this wrote:
It's a pretty popular spot during hunting season. I will be there soon to clean things up.

Hey tommy,

Lots of large (I mean BIG) deadfall down around there, and some of the "stuff" needs a little work too.

We managed to figure out a bunch of the trails, but if you're up for leading a ride there sometime, maybe we'll tag along.
Kevin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're fixing "stuff", I would suggest you check with the Land Manager beforehand. The verbal agreement a couple of Fats members had with the manager was only to re-open and clean existing trails. We can't let this place turn into another Vassar.

I know there was some concern about the excess of the trail system brought to the clubs attention last year. Would anyone who has ridden it recently like to chime in with $.02?

Also, would any of the members who had the verbal agreement care to confirm what was said and agreed upon?
Tim845

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin wrote:
If you're fixing "stuff", I would suggest you check with the Land Manager beforehand. The verbal agreement a couple of Fats members had with the manager was only to re-open and clean existing trails. We can't let this place turn into another Vassar.

I know there was some concern about the excess of the trail system brought to the clubs attention last year. Would anyone who has ridden it recently like to chime in with $.02?

Also, would any of the members who had the verbal agreement care to confirm what was said and agreed upon?

Well said.
Having the land mgr's blessing would enable others to pitch in, like Boy Scouts, etc.
Bob62

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we bring chain saws for these clean up days Twisted Evil
robdamanii

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin wrote:

Ain't no way I'm fixing the "stuff" since I'm not in the mood to kill myself riding it.
bike this

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll fix the "stuff" since I ride it, but who do I call... Question Question
BillB3
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin wrote:

I had contacted the land manager (Knick @ Rhinebeck Rotary Club/Staley Real Estate) a few years back about potentially creating new trails. He said existing trail cleanup was fine, but any new trails would need to be walked before being built. Many of the trails there are not on the official map (available in the parking lot), so it could potentially be a sensitive issue.

flman wrote:
Can we bring chain saws for these clean up days Twisted Evil

No way, unless you contact and get an okay from the land manager.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> Group Rides All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: