Find us on Facebook Follow FatsInTheCats on Twitter Follow our RSS News Feed
Home Membership Calendar Trail Building Forums Trails & Bike Shops Photos Links Contact
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     CalendarCalendar  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
RIP Susan Nelson:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robdamanii

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: RIP Susan Nelson: Reply with quote

If any of you happen to read Fatcyclist.com, you'll know of Fatty and his wife, Susan. Susan has been battling metastatic breast cancer for quite some time now, but unfortunately, she passed away last night at 7:25 PM.

Bear in mind that twinsix.com was closely linked to Fatty, and Team Fatty has raised more than HALF A MILLION DOLLARS for the Lance Armstrong Foundation this year.

It's rare that someone can tie so many people together, and her story will be inspirational to countless millions of survivors world wide. The money raised in her name will go to help those same people to hopefully avoid a similar sad story.

I didn't even know Susan personally, but through Fatty's blog, anyone who read regularly felt as if they were part of a huge family. I have to admit that I choked up when I read that she had passed, and it feels like losing a hero of sorts, especially after enduring a similar situation 10 years ago in my own family.

The moral of this little tidbit is this: remember that we have no idea what tomorrow will bring. Live each day as if it may be your last, love your friends and family as if they are all you have in life, and never forget to be thankful for all that you have. Hug your wife/husband/significant other/kids/mom/dad/grandparents...whatever. You might not get that next chance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: