Find us on Facebook Follow FatsInTheCats on Twitter Follow our RSS News Feed
Home Membership Calendar Trail Building Forums Trails & Bike Shops Photos Links Contact
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     CalendarCalendar  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Place to send out Fox shock for rebuild?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> Repair & Maintenance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
g60dude

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject: Place to send out Fox shock for rebuild? Reply with quote

Tim K told me of a place that he sent his Fox shock for a rebuild. They basically build it to your riding ability, your weight and what options you want. What was the name of that place again? I figure during the winter Ill send it out. How long did they have your shock? You happy with it?

Tim845

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.pushindustries.com
They service mainly Fox forx and shox.

Yes, very happy. Initially I had a few issues though so I decided to send the shock back for them to sort out, which they did. You're welcome to compare my Jekyll. I strongly recommend you send it back to them -they will upgrade your standard Float to "Pro-Pedal", and then tune it to your weight and ride preferences. I think it'll buy another couple years for your bike.
Tim845

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cost was comparable to Fox who'll also rebuild it, $160.
g60dude

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pedaler845 wrote:
Cost was comparable to Fox who'll also rebuild it, $160.

Thanks..............my shock is starting to lose air ( about 75 lbs per ride) . So I think Ill be contacting Push this week to send it out

g60dude

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked at Pushes website and the order form. What style rider did you put down...........XC-Cross Country, or Trail/Agressive?

Tim845

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

x/c trail
Tim845

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moot for you Greg since (I cant believe) you sold the bike, but... I experimented a little and dropped 10 psi on the shock: Im very impressed, the (Jekyll) single pivot stays planted so well I cant imagine it better. Its softer but doesnt boing, thats 135mm. Dropped it to aid traction on iffy fall trail coverings.
g60dude

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pedaler845 wrote:
Moot for you Greg since (I cant believe) you sold the bike, but... I experimented a little and dropped 10 psi on the shock: Im very impressed, the (Jekyll) single pivot stays planted so well I cant imagine it better. Its softer but doesnt boing, thats 135mm. Dropped it to aid traction on iffy fall trail coverings.

I was just ready for a change..........Not really sure what ill be buying next year.......But each time i ride my hard tail, i enjoy it more and more

fjhilde

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Another rebuild company Reply with quote

Someone I know used http://www.hippiesuspension.com/hippietechsuspension/ to get their fork rebuilt and they were quite satisfied with their work. I looked into it last summer but the cost to rebuild my RockShok was enough that I spent another $150 bucks over the estimated rebuild fee for a new fork.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> Repair & Maintenance All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: