Find us on Facebook Follow FatsInTheCats on Twitter Follow our RSS News Feed
Home Membership Calendar Trail Building Forums Trails & Bike Shops Photos Links Contact
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     CalendarCalendar  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Right now I'm really pissed at Marzocchi...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> Repair & Maintenance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robdamanii

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: Right now I'm really pissed at Marzocchi... Reply with quote

So...

In anticipation of riding this weekend, I pulled my King (short travel bike) out to get the chain lubed and check that everything is kosher. I'm glad I did...

The damned fork stanchions are corroded and the plating is actually flaking off! A 6 month old fork, with maybe 10 rides on it, and the thing is trashed already? You've got to be kidding me!

To their credit, 'Zoke's technical support was quick and easy to deal with. I explained that all the bikes stored in the same location are having no problems (although they are Fox, X-Fusion and RockShox forks) and they are all even older forks. The tech told me that they've never heard of this before (somehow I don't believe that) and that it would probably be a warranty swap/repair. However, if it ISN'T, it's looking to be a $260+ labor bill to repair (the fork cost me about $350 to begin with...) Thank god I have my long travel bike (with it's Fox suspension) to fall back on for the next 5 weeks or so. But still...'Zoke is on my evil list until this gets resolved.

Maybe I should be sticking with Fox...

/banging head on wall
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> Repair & Maintenance All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: