Find us on Facebook Follow FatsInTheCats on Twitter Follow our RSS News Feed
Home Membership Calendar Trail Building Forums Trails & Bike Shops Photos Links Contact
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     CalendarCalendar  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Bikes for Kids

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raybag

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject: Bikes for Kids Reply with quote

The question I'm often asked is "what do I get for my $15 dues?". Well one of the answers lies in the photos below. On Monday December 11th President Russell and I drove down to Parsippany NJ to Cadillac Bicycles where we were able to buy 30 brand new bicycles and helmets. 30!! Actually we ended up with 42 helmets because the good folks at Cadillac just kept wanting to give us more. Usually a purchase this large would be out of our budget but Cadillac generously gives us a huge discount, including some of the bikes for free.

After driving back up to Kingston Russell and I took our load of goodies to the Children's Services division of the Ulster County Social Services dept. to make our donation. The case workers there were very thankful and were already thinking of needy children that these awesome bikes would go to at Christmas.

Think about it. A child who might otherwise get absolutely nothing for Christmas will now find a brand new bicycle and helmet under their holiday trees. Each and every Fats in the Cats member has helped to make this wonderful thing happen and should feel very proud of themselves.

Edit: Corrected Image URLs
raybag

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops. Okay so I can't figure out how to post photos on the forums. Why not just follow the thread below to the album containing the pictures. I'm sorry..... Embarassed

http://www.fatsinthecats.com/photos/thumbnails.php?album=41
shizzle

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, what he said!
Kevin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff!

...even pluggin' pb.com in the background Wink
Tim845

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for making it happen Exclamation Exclamation
g60dude

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for making the trek down there Russell and Ray...........Awesome job Very Happy

BillB3
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is so great, thanks for doing it! Make me really proud to be a member!

Also, I edited your post, so the images show up. Next time you want to post an image:
Go to the image in the photo gallery
Internet Explorer: Right-click on the image, select Properties. Copy the URL(address) from the new window
Firefox: Right-click on the image, select Copy Image Location
Paste into your forum post, highlight the link and click the "Img" button. It shoud look similar to this:

Code:
[img]http://www.fatsinthecats.com/photos/albums/userpics/10004/normal_20061211_0001%7E0.JPG[/img]
bike this

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are awesome. I've been deciding
whether to join / or not. And I think
that was the clincher, sign me up........nice work. Laughing
jamesframes

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great work...merry christmas!

Support your LBS-Bicycle Depot New Paltz NY
GoneToTheDogs?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:37 pm    Post subject: Bikes for Kids Reply with quote

What an awesome day Ray and I had yesterday. We can't thank all of our club members enough! Giving back to the community is great to begin with, and one way we do it is with bikes.

Ron and his staff at Kent International/Cadillac Bicycles are just fantastic. They not only gave us a killer deal on the thirty bicycles and helmets, but also assembled each and every one of the bikes for us. Truly amazing people! We were able to get a broad variety of bikes from small to big for tots up to teenagers, tricked out through cruisers. And as a small memento, Kent Bikes staff will also be sporting some Fats in the Cats socks.

Ray and Potter Bros. also deserve a round of applause for letting us access the company truck again this year for the day. And the true reward will be when 30 local kids receive brand new bikes for Xmas. It's easy to get a little teary-eyed when talking to the social services administrators and caseworkers about how special this is for the kids.

I also posted some photos of the bike pick up and drop off in addition to Ray's. Also a couple of photos of a wrapping get together. Special thanks to Nicole for doing all the shopping and to Tushawn & Nicole for hosting the wrapping process at their home. As part of our Xmas parade of lights ride, we will be dropping off gifts to four adopted families as we spread positive holiday cheer around the community.

Wishing everyone a great holiday season. The gift that you as members and sponsors have given to local children definitely kicks off the holiday spirit for me, and I hope it does for you, as well. Hope to see you and lots of Santas on well-lit up bikes on Saturday night!

Russell
BillB3
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link to the pictures Russell mentioned(minus the devils!)...

http://www.fatsinthecats.com/photos/thumbnails.php?album=16
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: